Not hair related: What are some good supplements for acne?

G

Are there any? I have heard about zinc, but I am a little bit scared of it since I have read that it can make your hair thinner when you take too much. Biotin is part of my regimen already.

@mods: Not sure, whether this is the right section. Plz move it if it isn´t. Thank you!

Strat54

Established Member
Reaction score
I’ve tried many drugs and naturals to combat acne over the years.

Propecia and Avodart are by far the best. But some people get more acne from finasteride or dutasteride.

1. Cut back on saturated fats (whole milk, cheese, and red meat).
2. Eliminate partially hydrogenated fats. (chips crackers, and cookies, all those snack foods in a box or bag).
3. Eat fresh fruits, vegetables, and salads.
4. Drink eight glasses of water a day.

Fish oil or flaxseed oil and green tea may also help.

lilltoolate

Established Member
Reaction score
Tretinoin is an acid form of vitamin A which is available in cream or gel(Retin-A)...it is the most common treatment for acne..the best part is that it is also used as hair loss treatment!!

ps: my source is wikipedia

psych721027

Reaction score
Vitamin B5(Pantothenic Acid) - 1000mg Time Release Tablet taken 2-3 times per day. Clinically proven in a Japanese study. Do an internet search.

Swiss Naturals sells a time release tablet.

Sean68

Reaction score
i know its obvious but wash your face twice a day. i used to take tablets as well but ive found thats the best prevention. shaving oil is good too if you get spots after you shave like me but if youre due an outbreak then
its gonna come like it or not in my experience.