Not sure if I'll experience hair loss, just asking for opinions

himynameisj

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey community, I joined this because I've got this hair loss worry that got me thinking if I'll go bald or something. I am not good at telling stories, especially in English, so I'll make this short.
- I had longer hair before, used a lot of products to make it stay they way I wanted, like straightener, hair spray, but I didn't noticed any hair loss.
- Cut my hair shorter, didn't noticed hair loss until few weeks ago. Not sure if self-consciousness is the reason I noticed hair loss now and not before, but quite can't remember if I lost hair.
- The problem came real serious in my mind, because after every hair wash I'd lose like around 50-60 hairs or even more if I was washing my hair for a little longer.
- Also hair falls when I have greasy, oil hair.
- After I wash my hair, it tends not to fall anymore, even if I pull it hard.
- Brushing won't affect my hair loss, like, if I brush my hair, it won't fall.
- My dad is bald, he's had curly hair, my mother has straight hair and even though her hair falls, she's not bald or any signs of baldness.
- I've got the same type of hair as my mother, straight hair.
- I've got shorter hair on sides, but it doesn't fall. Only longer hair on top of my head tends to fall.
- My hair seems to be a little gleaned.
- Suffering from anxiety, social anxiety and depression for three years.
- I consider cutting my hair shorter if that'd help.
- I am 18 btw, my dad started losing his hair around 20s.

So given that, I am not sure what to think.

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hi. no one would be able to tell you what's going on with your hair unless there are some pictures to look at. Post some and you will get more relplies! cheers!

edited: when I replied to your thread, there was no pictures uploaded !! :)

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Your hair looks good to me!

himynameisj

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair looks good to me!
Hey, thanks for your feedback.

Is it normal this hairs fall especially when the hair is greasy? I wash it once per three days and in my third day it becomes greasy and my hairs starts falling if I pull my hair. Also when I wash my hair, as my hair became greasy, I see few hairs in the shampoo. Sorry if I totally killed the English, but I don't know how to explain it.

Oh and has masturbation any effect on hair growth/loss?

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i am no expert but I am told that too much sebum is never good for skin and scalp. mabye try to wash it every other day? Regarding masturbation and hair loss, this topic has been discussed many times here on this forum. Personally I think there is no connection between them at all but all I am going to say is too much of a good thing! cheers

himynameisj

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I've cut my hair shorter and it seems like it's not falling anymore. I will keep you updated.

Oh it does when I pull the hair lol ffs.

anonymous

Established Member
Reaction score
Your hair looks good still. If you're comfortable with it, try buzzing your head in the summer or something. Lighter areas means thinning areas, it's a really good way to know for sure.

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
If you see some indication of thinning(only you can tell at this point we cant because you have so much hair) start finasteride.

badgenetics1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair looks good to me too. As for masturbation, I wouldn't worry about it affecting your hair. That said, don't do it too much - your dick will likely fall off if you masturbate too much.

himynameisj

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair looks good to me too. As for masturbation, I wouldn't worry about it affecting your hair. That said, don't do it too much - your dick will likely fall off if you masturbate too much.
Hey guys thanks for your feedback, it seems like the problem so far is in my mind, I am too worried about a problem that is non-existent. I will keep updated you in the next following weeks, but this morning I noticed few small hairs on my pillow, but I'll blame it on the new haircut, haha. Would it be possible that my barber might have some fault in this hairs loss? I mean I didn't see him wash his tools or anything like that if it's necessary.

badgenetics1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I haven't heard of something like that causing a shed (you mean unsanitary tools, right?). It's possible you just had some stray hairs that were cut but didn't fall off after the haircut. Regardless, a few small hairs isn't something I'd worry about too much.

himynameisj

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I haven't heard of something like that causing a shed (you mean unsanitary tools, right?). It's possible you just had some stray hairs that were cut but didn't fall off after the haircut. Regardless, a few small hairs isn't something I'd worry about too much.
Understood, thank you.

Da Crow

Established Member
Reaction score
Crown is good like you said... the front looks fine but the lighter root areas in this photo http://i.imgur.com/g2DaTUo.jpg tell me that it may just be beginning, or it's been happening for awhile just very slowly.

Da Crow

Established Member
Reaction score
Post some photos of it dry, also hows your mothers grandfathers hair?