Not sure what's doing it (UPDATED)

Anarch

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm starting to get good growth on my front hairline but I don't know what's doing it. Around the same time I started taking Lithium Orotate (mineral supplement) 5 times a day, I also started taking 25,000 IU of vitamin A.

On that note, I dropped 5 tablets of Aspirin into Minoxidil, though I only used it for a week and Minoxidil never gave me significant regrowth for the 2 years I've been on it. I stopped taking Fincar a year ago.

What do you guys think?

My intuition thinks it's the Lithium Orotate and vitamin A playing off of each other.

Update:

So I'm like a Norwood 2, more or less.

I'm getting crazy amounts of progress, as if it's coming back in reverse order. Still not sure what exactly is the solution … but my best guess is the lithium orotate.

I would like someone to try taking lithium orotate 3-5 times a day until the bottle runs out and tell me if anything happened.

I feel like in 6 months I'm going to be a norwood 1.

Anarch

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Not sure what's doing it

israelite said:
pictures?

Unfortunately, I only have the crappy MacBook camera. My scalp is not oily anymore. I'm a very oily person. I still have acne, though.

Experienced Member
Reaction score

could be just minoxidil kicking in....

Anarch

Established Member
Reaction score

Nah. I've been soaking my scalp in it for 2 years with no effect. I used it to maintain my hairline.

If anything, it may be the Aspirin that I dissolved in it, but I only used that for a week.

I suspect it's the Lithium, but I was taking it for anxiety and not hair-loss. The vitamin A that I started taking was for acne.

Silverfox

Reaction score
About 4 years ago some guys on another site were getting success using lithium orotate with dmso mixed with alcohol. Thread went quiet. Perhaps all their hair grew back and they got on with their lives, or they decided it was junk and stopped using and reporting on it.

Anarch

Established Member
Reaction score
Silverfox said:
About 4 years ago some guys on another site were getting success using lithium orotate with dmso mixed with alcohol. Thread went quiet. Perhaps all their hair grew back and they got on with their lives, or they decided it was junk and stopped using and reporting on it.

I'm thinking of using minoxidil again to see if it will speed-up whatever is going on. I might even drop a few lithium orotate tablets in it.

HairShocka

Reaction score
Updates?

I'm thinking of using minoxidil again to see if it will speed-up whatever is going on. I might even drop a few lithium orotate tablets in it.

Do you have any updates with this? Thanks.