Notgivingup's Story - (20)

notgivingup

Reaction score
Hey everyone! After browsing a bit a decided to settle on this forum because it seems to be the best :)

I am 20 years old (and male) and have been receding for about 3 years. In the past year and a half I have noticed increased shedding. I do not know if this is because of increased awareness of hairloss, or just more shedding.

I am having a hard time dealing with my hairloss, especially at my age. My hair has always been most important to me. I have always been considered a "cool guy" but I never cared about clothes, cars, ect. Just having a stylish and acceptable haircut.

At this point I would say I am working on a 3V. My hairloss is not completely obvious at first sight unless I have it buzzed down (it is medium-short right now).

I am scared for my future and the way people perceive me. Like I said, most people consider me cool and without sounding conceited, woman find me handsome. I am a junior in advertising (minor in entrepreneurial study) at a UNI. I work as a photographer for two fashion magazines, co-own an up-and-coming clothing line, play in a popular local band (not making this my future), and sometimes model (for fun). To some things up, most of what I do revolves around image.

Although I don't want to be surrounded by superficial people who are only concentrated on image, that is the business I will be in. I feel that my image would be negatively affected by being bald.

Enough ranting. I'm glad to find people to talk to. We're all in the together right?

Reaction score
welcome to the boards. post some pics man. if you're nervous about having your face on the net, you can black that out, but trust me posting the pics will help. its rarely as bad as you think it is, and sometimes the outside perspective helps a lot

richermartyn

Reaction score
Hi, notgivingup,
You are not giving up so why are you fear. I do not have any problem. I am working in salon so I am meeting lot so people who are fearing to there hair loss. They are asking me a lots of time. You will share your problem, It will help you a lot.