Now for real- Can minoxidil really make it worse??

iseras

Reaction score
I mean, i know we all have ups and downs with hairloss, and somedays our hair looks better than others. But seriously, can minoxidil make hairloss worse and just make you thinner? Forget the shed- that's normal- I'm talking about minoxidil actually making you constantly lose hair and thinning it out. Does it have potential to have a reverse adverse affect? I just want to make sure that at least i'm not making things worse by using this stuff.

Jude

Established Member
Reaction score
Let me put it this way: Would Smirnoff still be in business if their products didn't get people pissed drunk? Would Colgate still be in business if their products didn't clean teeth? Answer: No.

TortoiseAndHair

Established Member
Reaction score
Jude said:
Let me put it this way: Would Smirnoff still be in business if their products didn't get people pissed drunk? Would Colgate still be in business if their products didn't clean teeth? Answer: No.

Some people are allergic to alcohol, others are allergic to flouride, and I'm willing to bet that there is a segment of the population that has a bad reaction to Minoxidil. I think if it irritates your scalp enough, it could hurt your cause, but there are ways to deal with that (Nizoral, T/Gel, etc)

Anyway, Jude is right. For the majority of people, minoxidil will help you regain or maintain your hair.

Disclaimer: I don't know what I'm talking about :)