now life extension is saying hormones regulate body weight

CCS

Reaction score
They say it is almost impossible to lose weight and keep it off unless your hormones are in balance. I think estrogen causes fat, but does fat cause esterogen?

OK, did you know that your body absorbs about 10% of the calories you eat. Most pass through. So what if someone is much more efficient at absorbing them, or has a lower metabolism. Yeah, they could eat less. But what if their hunger mechanism is messed up? Yeah, they can ignore it and take an anti-acid.

Ok, what if for every 100 calories you eat, your body immediately puts 50 into fat, and if you exercise or don't eat more, it just comes out of your blood sugar and you get weak? If your body was messed up like that, diet and exercise would not help you much. Do you think it is possible some people's bodies choose where to put the calories to maintain a certain body fat percentage? Like how exactly does estrogen cause you to store fat? Or does it just change the fat distribution but not the amount?

I know there are a lot of lazy people out there, and people who ate more than they should have and never burnt it off. But I'm wondering if some people actuually have the problem in the previous paragraph, and can't help being fat.

What do you guys think? Any evidence?

jj_24

Established Member
Reaction score
Did you guys notice weight gain after taking finasteride? I feel like I have been gaining a gut. Or maybe its just the holidays and old age catching up.

CCS

Reaction score
I've been on finasteride for two years, and maintained the same weight, though a month ago I suddenly put on 5 pounds, but that was because I was eating more and sleeping a lot.

CCS

Reaction score
light some cow poop on fire.

I don't remember where I read it, but it sounds somewhat believable considering that diffusion only goes so far. It would be amazing for your body to get 90%, though 50% may be more believeable. Anyway, some people's intestines are more efficient than others. Some people have a few feet cut out for this reason.

bubka

Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
light some cow poop on fire.

I don't remember where I read it, but it sounds somewhat believable considering that diffusion only goes so far. It would be amazing for your body to get 90%, though 50% may be more believeable. Anyway, some people's intestines are more efficient than others. Some people have a few feet cut out for this reason.
cow sh*t burns because of the methane gas and other non digestible matter that cattle cannot digest, nor the microbes that live within their guts...