Nsane's Story (30 /with pics and regimen)

Nsane

Reaction score
Introduction
Hello everyone!
I have been lurking for a long time and finally decided to make a profile and share my story.
However, first and foremost, I would like to thank all those who contribute to the wealth of knowledge present on this forum.

My story
Up until I was 28, my hair was perfect.
No alopecia on my mother's side of the family.
My dad started losing hair on the vertex in his late 50s-early 60s.
Therefore, I thought I could sleep tranquil.

At 29 it started.
I noticed i was balding immediately and started researching for some form of cure.
Started minoxidil 2%.
The shedding was immense.
Thereafter....various doctor visits and many more sheddings...
Lately, it's been getting worse...and speeding quite noticeably. I have been under a lot of stress too (new job abroad and my mother suddenly passed away) and it had made the matters even worse.

In my eyes
Hair line is gone to hell...
Today...I noticed the crown has started thinning and shedding as well

My current regimen
[For various medical reasons, I would rather not disclose, fina and dutasteride are not an option].

minoxidil foam 5% 2xDay
spironolactone 5% 1xDay
Folligen 1xDay

Shampoo: Nizoral 2% + Revita + Nano (alternating)
Various herbal supplements.

Was thinking about adding revivogen and hopefully when the new antiandrogen topicals become available...I will try those too.

Would love to hear your thoughts; I am unable to establish what Norwood I am at. Similarly I am afraid I am unable to properly assess how bad my situation really is. I feel it is pretty bad...but clearly I am biased.

Pics
http://img858.imageshack.us/g/img20110328164041.jpg/

Nsane

Reaction score
Re: Nsane's story (30) with pics and regimen

So many views...and no comments...

Is it that bad?!

slurms mackenzie

Established Member
Reaction score

It's not all that different than mine at the back, and at the front IMO yeah it's going a little but it's early days. I think you should have success.

I used to use spironolactone 2% and folligen but my head itched like hell, so be careful.

It might be wise to dilute the folligen (if it's the spray and not the cream) at first, something even dr pickart recommends

Nsane

Reaction score

Thanks for the advice, Sir Chugalot.
So far so good...I have a little itching but nothing substantial.

What scares me...is that I seem to be unable to stop it.
On the bright side, today I read about FUE transplants which do not compromise donor regions...and I am now starting to think that perhaps in 3-4 years we will have a surgical option allowing us to TRULY beat this damn baldness.

For now...I will stick to my regimen. However, I will be adding revivogen at night before the minoxidil. Moreover, I have the revita.cor conditioner on the way.
Not like any of these will "resolve" my problems...but every little bit helps.