NW3 stage - 31 years old male

hohenhiem2850

Reaction score
I am suffering from diffuse male pattern baldness. What do you think, am I really at NW3?

I am considering these options - PRP, Finpecia, Avodart.

Does anyone know a doctor in Bangalore, India who can prescribe me those. And drug store in Bangalore, India that sell genuine medicine?

Thanks.

Attachments

• Aug-19.jpg
    Aug-19.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 455
  • July-19.jpg
    July-19.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 518

jbrog1987

Established Member
Reaction score
Um you're nowhere near NW3. NW2 at worst. Not even sure it's that advanced (would have to see a frontal/temple shot). Looks like you may be diffusing in a NW5 or 6 pattern though.

dusty

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hairline is about a NW2 and you are diffusing in a NW6 pattern. Might be a NW7 but you haven't provided a picture of the back of your head.
You are either going to get a script for finasteride or Avodart. I recommend like many others on this forum to start with finasteride before switching to dutasteride. Give finasteride at least a year to give you results before switching to dutasteride.
Get on minoxidi (rogaine) and you might need a script for Nizoral 2% shampoo.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
NW1 at the most, if you're a NW3 then I'm a NW5. some of you are EXTREMELY overzealous with the Norwood scale. BDD or reassurance topic at it's finest. Does look a little thin though.

TD500

Experienced Member
Reaction score
looks like a nw1 to me as well, might be diffuse or could just be the angle.

hohenhiem2850

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Your replies have been helpful and assuring.

I have always been negligent about my food and sleep, plus the stress from work. I used to shed quite some hair daily, since past 10 years. As I had very dense hair, I never noticed the seriousness of the issue. Call it my foolishness.

Just recently I took notice that I could see my scalp when under light. I kind of panicked and visited a Trichologist in Bangalore. He is quite renowned here in Bangalore. It was he who mentioned that I was NW3. He is strictly against the use of chemicals. He suggested me to use Boutique Shampoo because it is pure and free of harmful chemicals. I had my serum test done. It was found that I had Vitamin D and Iron deficiency, for which he prescribed me few tablets. I am doing quite fine now, kinda of shed ~15 hair strands daily (~8 in bed + ~7 in shower). Earlier it was ~30+ daily.

Following is how I am trying to control my hairloss. It might be useful to some of you :
(1) I have started eating good and healthy food - less oily, less sugary stuff. Indian food is usually oily and sugary, so my options are limited. :)
(2) I drink lot of water. A lot.
(3) I try to work out daily or atleast 3 times a week. I mostly do cardio. No heavy weight lifting as it increases hair loss. It helps me relax and feel good about my body.
(4) As I am a veggie and workout daily, getting required amount of protein from food is difficult. So I take Whey Protein Concentrate (not Isolate - it increases hairloss) supplement.
(5) I take multi-vitamin tablet + Biotin daily.
(6) I shower in cold water. I have observed that I lose more hairs when I take warm water bath.
(7) I have stayed clear of masturbation. It has helped me a lot. I have observed some linkage between masturbation and hairloss. Few of you will argue that it is not scientifically proven, but it is just my experience.
(8) I do not walk out in hot sun. I try to avoid traffic and pollution.
(9) I am trying to sleep early before 11pm and try getting atleast 7-8 hours of sleep. But I am failing miserably due to my work. :(
(10) I try to lightly oil my hair before bath. Because if I don't, shampooing makes it very dry. I use Boutique shampoo which has been great so far. I dry my hairs gently with a towel under a fan.
(11) I have started using silk pillow cover to reduce hairloss. But still lose ~8 hair strands daily during sleep. It is quite frustrating sometimes to see your hairs on pillow.
(12) Thoroughly clean my room once a week. Definitely has helped reduce my hairloss.

I want to bring down my daily hair loss count to less than 5 from 15. So I am thinking of Finpecia. However I am little hesitant what if it makes my hair loss worse, and worried of buying fake Finpecia. Also I am thinking of having 1 PRP session to thicken my thinning hairs, but undecided whether its cost justifies its benefits.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your trichologist needs to see an optometrist or a psychologist, because he's either got serious eye problems or a severe case of body dysmorphic disorder. He's also a hack.

If you are indeed thinning, then the only thing that will stop it is finasteride. Not quitting masturbation. Not sunshine, not drinking lots of water. Finasteride. And that's IF you are thinning, you may not be. If you do have male pattern baldness, and that's if, then you have a perfect NW1 hairline and a tiny bit of diffuse thinning.

Never go back to that trichologist.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
I need to improve my Norwood spotting. I would have put him at Norwood 1.5/2. Particularly at the corners. Also the hair is combed forwards, not back. I agree with you all though, there may/may not be diffuse thinning. He needs a miniaturisation test with a scope.

hohenhiem2850

Reaction score
Your trichologist needs to see an optometrist or a psychologist, because he's either got serious eye problems or a severe case of body dysmorphic disorder. He's also a hack.

If you are indeed thinning, then the only thing that will stop it is finasteride. Not quitting masturbation. Not sunshine, not drinking lots of water. Finasteride. And that's IF you are thinning, you may not be. If you do have male pattern baldness, and that's if, then you have a perfect NW1 hairline and a tiny bit of diffuse thinning.

Never go back to that trichologist.

What can I say. I am kind of smiling reading your reply about my trichologist :)

About quitting mastrubation and drinking lot of water --- They may not help regrow hair, but I am of opinion that they are necessary to maintain what you have. Whenever I have mastrubated often or ignored drinking enough water, I have observed increased hair fall.