Nwscale's Story - (20/On propecia, should I bother?)

nwscale

Reaction score
Both of my grandpas are bald. My dad is a NW6. All my uncles are between nw4-nw7s, besides one who is keeping a NW2 into his 50s.

I'm 20. Been on propecia 6 months. No sides. I'm wondering if it is worth it for me to stay on it. Let me know what you guys think. What am I on the Norwood scale? Early 2?

Hairline at 10:
screenshot20100703at1122ampng0c843.png

Hairline at 14:
hairlineat14a6254.png

Hairline at 17:

hairlineat179334c.png

Now, my hairline at the current age of 20. Please ignore the density in some of these pics. Some of them make it look like my hair is thinning, but it's not. it's just the hair being so short + weird lighting/angles.

hair2021ba93.png

hairline2a96b1.png

hairline3d3aed.png

here i point to the top crease of my wrinkle brow (also my hair isnt thinning just the lighting/being so short here

hairline48faf6.png

and how my hair is grown out

piczor6da69.png

MrBastard

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: On propecia at 20, should I bother?

You got no hairloss as i can see, just a mature hairline... If anything, the family history is not promising so the finasteride might be maintaining for you.

Impossible for us here to help you on this one, your best bet whould be to go to a doctor.

nwscale

Reaction score

MrBastard said:
You got no hairloss as i can see, just a mature hairline... If anything, the family history is not promising so the finasteride might be maintaining for you.

Impossible for us here to help you on this one, your best bet whould be to go to a doctor.

my dad was a NW1 until he was 32. Then reached a NW3 by 36 and became a NW5 at 45, and is now a NW6 at 54.

Essentially, his hairline was better than mine at the age of 20.

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score

Here's what I'd do--keep your hair monitored. Always watch it, it isn't receding yet. You might have 10 years where you don't have to take Propecia. However, at the first sign of miniturization at the temples, jump on proscar\propecia or whatever finasteride.

That's the best way, you're aware of the possibility of going bald before its too late, and you can prevent it-- just don't take meds when you aren't receding.

Just don't let it slip out from under you--some people wait til they're NW3 before they accept that they're losing hair.