Obama wins nobal peace prize, opinions?

Reaction score
That's right, I heard today that he has won a nobel peace prize, pretty easier huh?

He's been in power for 8 months and won the nobel peace prize, absolutely amazing, apart from the fact that he has increased troops to the middle east and bombed Pakistan, anyone see a contradiction forming here.

What do you think? good, bad, outrageous

Bear in mind that Henry Kissinger won one too a few decades ago and I think he is a war criminal!

WE live in a sick society, that rules by fear, misinformation and junk science.

The Gardener

Reaction score
He won on the premise that he is not being George Bush.

The sad thing is that as time goes by, the Nobel folks will realize that this premise is pretty much incorrect.

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i think he won it because i think there has been less hate directed towards America, no offence but you have stepped on a lot of toes, i am not saying the UK is any better, but anyone who would better foreign opinion of America deserves a bloody medal

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
treeshrew said:
What's the nobal peace prize? Never heard of it. :whistle:

Maybe he's talking about some very noble peace prize that's out there! :)

TAINTED-MEAT

Established Member
Reaction score
This is stupid. He won a Nobel Peace Prize because he is the President, big deal. I don't really put much stock into this award anyways.

Vinton Harper

Established Member
Reaction score
Bunk. He has done nothing to deserve it.
This is making getting the Nobel Peace Prize virtually meaningless. I hope they realize this.

BungleBungle

Reaction score
I'm taking it in the Mikhail Gorbachev style of Peace Prize in 1990. Nothing actually yet done, but merely changing the direction of the ship that's been sailing into the abyss for a decade is worth a slap on the back.

I can't think of anything better for world peace than breaking the creepy hand of neoconservatism that's terrified us Europeans for the last ten years.

I personally think it was too early. I even think next year would have been fine if the way Obama is pushing for nuke disarmament goes the way it's looking.

However, the Nobel Committee are independent, and their decision is theirs. It does underline the fact that every single other developed democracy is utterly delighted that the US is once again becoming the respected and loved country it once was.

I love the US, and the last ten years have really been upsetting. It was like finding out your favourite uncle has been arrested on kiddie p**rn charges.

Now we know.... he was actually innocent all along! Hurrah!

Hammy070

Established Member
Reaction score
I reckon Bush should have won the Nobel Piece Prize.

He made the most idiotic decisions an organism could make regarding war - that few others would dare contemplate war in the future. For that, he should be rewarded.

BungleBungle

Reaction score
Cassin said:
BungleBungle said:
somone uk said:
does anyone have any other nominations for this year?
:dunno:

They're sealed for 50 years, I understand.

I believe he's asking for posters opinions on other candidates.

We've obviously got no idea who the other candidates were, and won't in many of our lifetimes, but usually there are hundreds of nominations. Basically every world leader, every leader of any "social good" charity or public works project, and all the usual political prisoners and "freedom fighters".

Personally, I was expecting Morgan Tsvangirai.