Oemac's Story - (22 / losing hair for 2 years)

oemac

Reaction score
Hello all, I am in my 22 years old. I have been losing my hair for about two years. My hairloss would be considered by most to be quite mild. Hair loss at the temples and slight hair loss at the crown, think a better version of guy ritchie lol. Anyways, I smoked quite a bit of pot and combined with a very obsessive behaviour I would panic regularly and keep brushing my scalp. My scalp got very irritated and hair started falling out in the shower, about 30-50 strands. After about 8-9 months of this I decided to try nizoral. I was thinking of trying finasteride, but I had a friend who told me he got some side effects and kind of put me off the stuff. My hair began to shed about 60 strands each time, but my scalp would get less and less itchy. About a month into it (2% nizoral btw), I have stopped shedding entirely and although still a bit itchy, the scalp and hair feel quite a bit better. I use nizoral about 3 times a week and have almost used it for 2 months. I am not really sure what to do now. Although I am happy the shedding has stopped, I am hoping with the aid of nizoral and a healthy lifestyle, I can regrow a bit of hair. I see these very small dark hairs, but they seem like they are not growing at all. My friend told me that I would probably get quite a bit of regrowth with finasteride because I have so much hair left, but I am still scared because of his side effects he was telling me about. Any comments or advise would be great.