Ofeni's history

Ofeni

Reaction score
Hi!

I am new here, but I'm so interested in all around Androgenetic Alopecia, myself; I was reading the forum for so long, so let me introduce myself=).

I have 23 years and unfortunately I have Androgenetic Alopecia. My father was bald at my age, so I am lucky because I still have hair, but it started falling 4 or 5 years ago, since then I was using minoxidil. I began with the 2% solution using it only at night, but when I saw that I was loosing more and more hair I changed to the 5% solution 2 times daily. I was supervised by a dermatologist,

Today I started using finasteride, proscar exactly, cutting the tablet in 5 parts. I have done an hormone analysis this morning, and then I started the treatment. I hope it will help me, because I am a little desperate.
I also use fungarest 2% shampoo 2 times a week and another shampoo, Ionil, that is for the scalp irritation, once a week.

Few months ago I bought polysorbate 80, and this month I also started using 2 new shampoo that are rich in biotin and vitamins. Since then, I see my hair more beautiful, and people tell me that, so I'm happy in this sense.

I will post photos that I have, I started doing photos when I was conscious that I must control my Androgenetic Alopecia.

26-08-2010:

19-09-2010

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

10-07-2011

25-01-2012

Ofeni

Reaction score
Ben said:
You appear to have some diffuse thinning but it is difficult to judge progress on latest pictures due to your hair style changing dramatically.

On tuesday I'll cut my hair, then I'll post new pictures ;)

I just started with proscar (1mg), and I hope that in 6 months I'll have more hair, I'll update this post as soon as possible :)

Yesterday I also did an hormonal analysis, when I have the results I'll post it.

thanks =)

Ofeni

Reaction score
Just a quick update so say that I've tried to split the proscar pill in more than 5 pieces (I tried 8), that's the way I've been doing since I started (normally 5), and I don't know if it's related or not, but I'm feeling more hair loss, so I'll return to normal 5-6.

Now I'm using 1 - 1,25mg finas
minoxidil 2 times/day
Keto 2 times/week
Also a shampoo for the scalp, to avoid irritations and so on.