oh my minoxidil shed

williteverend

Reaction score
i have been using minoxidil for about 4 months now and i am in a terrible shed. is 4 months an appropriate time for a shed? all the hairs that are falling out seem to be from my temples. all the hairs are very thin and short so they arent causing cosmetic damage really. i hate sheds. anyone else have a similar sitch?

mrlestat

Reaction score
sheds are a good thing. It indicates your follicles are reacting to the treatment & expelling the weak hairs to begin regenerating thicker, stronger new hairs :) I was still shedding into my 3rd moth of treatment before seeing great re-growth so don't despair it takes time...

The Gardener

Reaction score
Yes sir, the early months of minoxidil were shed city for me. Stick with it. It didn't do any cosmetic damage for me either, and when things kicked in I was a very happy man by about month 6 or 7. minoxidil has been very very good to me.

williteverend

Reaction score
well i forgot to mention that that hairs that are falling out are thinner at the root when i look at them under a nice light. could it be possible that these hairs that are thinning down the shaft will return as thicker hair or is the thin root a sign of terrible things to come...like......ahh....vellous transformation

The Gardener

Reaction score
You really can't judge too much scientifically by looking at the actual shed hairs. Some people obsess over it, but frankly it is a waste of time.

Just stick with the program, play the statistics (which are very much in your favor) and be consistent with your regimen. When you get to month 6 or 7, then start looking for results.