Oh no just swallowed 5mg fincar tab

thin=depressed

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Absent mindedly just popped it in my mouth and swallowed.I'll go eat something to off set.

G

no problemo!

taking 5mg is perfectly safe, nothing to worry about. :)

ugem12

Established Member
Reaction score
Just take 3 or 4 days off, that should balance the equation.

thin=depressed

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You guys rawk!But not as much as Sound Garden!

The Gardener

Reaction score
You're fine. Some people take 5mg of finasteride regularly for prostate conditions.

I would not take any days off, however. The half life of finasteride is such that by tomorrow all of the drug will have been pissed out of your system. So, don't skip any days and get back to your normal dosage tomorrow.

jmoney32

Reaction score
yeah, i sometimes cut the pill into fourths and take 2 instead of the regular 1 just to give my hair a little extra kick

G

The Gardener said:
.......The half life of finasteride is such that by tomorrow all of the drug will have been pissed out of your system........

not quite!

graph89vx.gif

Nixon's Head

Reaction score
This is from the Propecia prescribing information pdf file.

OVERDOSAGE
In clinical studies, single doses of finasteride up to 400 mg and multiple doses of finasteride up to
80 mg/day for three months did not result in adverse reactions. Until further experience is obtained, no specific treatment for an overdose with finasteride can be recommended.
Significant lethality was observed in male and female mice at single oral doses of 1500 mg/m2
(500 mg/kg) and in female and male rats at single oral doses of 2360 mg/m2 (400 mg/kg) and 5900 mg/m2 (1000 mg/kg), respectively.

So some have taken single doses of 80 proscar tablets which did not result in "adverse reactions"
http://www.propecia.com/propecia/shared ... nts/pi.pdf

G

Nixon's Head said:
So some have taken single doses of 80 proscar tablets which did not result in "adverse reactions"

ppphhheewwww!!!

I was worried there, because this morning I accidentally swallowed 48 proscar tablets + 154 Propecia tablets.

Nixon's Head

Reaction score
Clearly the real danger is not overdose but choking from trying to swallow 48 proscar tablets + 154 propecia tablets.