Oil Treatment Question

Muffin5108

Reaction score
Hey guys.

Does anyone here use essential oil treatment on a regular basis? I've read that lavender, jojoba, tea tree, and coconut oil are all supposed to be good for the follicles and it sounds legitimate. However, I've also read that in order to get this stuff out, you need to shampoo your hair three times (without water). I'm worried that I'm going to pull out a thousand hairs and destroy all the good that i've done in the past six months trying to wash my hair. Is there anyone who has done this that can tell me how it went? Were there noticeable results?

I'm getting sick of my hair being this way and I want to try something new but not if it's going to cost me half of the hairs i do have. Anything anyone can tell me would be helpful. Thanks.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
HI friend

I use essential oils in Jojoba/meadowfoam/ etc blend oil, no Cocconut oil.

Is sufficient wash your hair three times a week in the morning when you apply the lotion when you was to bed past nigth.

Armando

Pete

Established Member
Reaction score
Muffin5108 said:
Hey guys.

Does anyone here use essential oil treatment on a regular basis? I've read that lavender, jojoba, tea tree, and coconut oil are all supposed to be good for the follicles and it sounds legitimate. However, I've also read that in order to get this stuff out, you need to shampoo your hair three times (without water). I'm worried that I'm going to pull out a thousand hairs and destroy all the good that i've done in the past six months trying to wash my hair. Is there anyone who has done this that can tell me how it went? Were there noticeable results?

I'm getting sick of my hair being this way and I want to try something new but not if it's going to cost me half of the hairs i do have. Anything anyone can tell me would be helpful. Thanks.

I would concentrate on getting your scalp healthy first and reducing the excessive sebum if you have any before adding the essential oil blend.

Regards
Pete

powersam

Reaction score
Pete said:
Muffin5108 said:
Hey guys.

I would concentrate on getting your scalp healthy first and reducing the excessive sebum if you have any before adding the essential oil blend.

Regards
Pete

excessive hair washing with oil stripping detergents could be detrimental to scalp health.

Pete

Established Member
Reaction score
powersam said:
Pete said:
Muffin5108 said:
Hey guys.

Regards
Pete

excessive hair washing with oil stripping detergents could be detrimental to scalp health.

Im talking about getting a decent shampoo that helps with inflammation as well as clearing excessive sebum - not excessive har washing!

Regards
Pete

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
I use the essential oils (per the Scottish Study recipe) but I've cut the amt of jojoba oil in 1/2 and substituted emu oil for the other 1/2.

It's helped the "quality" of my hair - and I feel comfortable enough to say that it helps just a bit in preventng loss.

I shampoo 1x daily.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
In the study:
The active group received the essential oils: Thyme vulgaris (2 drops, 88 mg), Lavandula agustifolia (3 drops, 108 mg), Rosmarinus officinalis (3 drops, 114 mg), and Cedrus atlantica (2 drops, 94 mg). These oils were mixed in a carrier oil, which was a combination of jojoba, 3 mL, and grapeseed, 20 mL, oils.

In my opinion is better cut the grapeseed oil than Jojoba oil

Armando

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
Armando Jose said:
In the study:
The active group received the essential oils: Thyme vulgaris (2 drops, 88 mg), Lavandula agustifolia (3 drops, 108 mg), Rosmarinus officinalis (3 drops, 114 mg), and Cedrus atlantica (2 drops, 94 mg). These oils were mixed in a carrier oil, which was a combination of jojoba, 3 mL, and grapeseed, 20 mL, oils.

In my opinion is better cut the grapeseed oil than Jojoba oil

Armando

Right - that's what I've done / meant to say. (I only mix the stuff up every few months)