Older guy looking for some advice from the older guys

NYK155

Reaction score
[h=2]I will be 45 in a few weeks. Have had minor recession for years but it has become more aggressive recently and has started to go from a thinning at the temples to now thinning on top. It's happening very quickly and feel like I need to do something to stop it or let it go and accept. Well, I'm not ready to accept it yet. If you could share some thoughts on finasteride at my age and what I can expect in terms of maintenance or regrowth. I'd be happy to hang on to what I have.[/h]

I thought at 45 I would be ok with losing my hair, but I'm not and it's been really difficult for me deal with and feel like it's on my mind all time.
I feel awful for all the young guys on the board that are dealing with this at such a young age. I guess we're all in the same boat.

Thanks!​

kmm179

Established Member
Reaction score
KnicksTAPE

- - - Updated - - -

How thin are you talking? Well I think since your older finasteride should be effective, but it really comes down to genetics. Some guys lose there hair in the 20s quickly. Some guys are destined to lose it in there 40s quickly. But yeah the best thing really out there is finasteride. If you post pics we might be able to gauge better.