Omaha's Story

Omaha

Reaction score
Hey guys! Thought I'd drop in and introduce myself.

From the looks of things around here, I'm one of the old guys (at 46).

My hair has been gradually thinning for years. At least since my late 20's. Around 15 years ago, I started using Rogaine. But I had terrible itching with it, and only used it off and on over the years...at most once a day, and I would sometimes go months without it.

About a year ago, I decided to rededicate myself. My hairline has moved back quite a bit, and I've got a pretty thin spot (but not yet bare) on my crown. Started using Kirkland 5% minoxidil 2x per day.

Then about five months ago, I decided to get a prescription for Propecia. Been on that ever since. One thing I notice for sure is that I am pulling a LOT less hair out of the shower drain with that.

Thanks to this forum, I decided to add Nizoral. I've only been using that for a few days, so no results to report yet.

I'll see if I can scare up some photos in the next few days to let you know what I am working with. Frankly, at my age, I will be more than satisfied to come up with a routine that provides good maintenance. If I can manage to regrow enough to fill in the crown, that would be terrific, but I'm not counting on that.

Cheers!

Omaha

Reaction score
Got some photos:

4-4-2010.jpg

4-4-2010-Crown.jpg