Omq's Story - (23 /Norwood 2 - Norwood 2.5 (???) - Pics included)

omq

Reaction score
Hello,

I am 23 years old and noticed my hairloss about a year ago. I started with 1,25 mg finasterid in october 2009 and added minoxidil and ketoconazol shampoo in march 2010.

Right Temple (Bad one)
Left Temple (Good one)
Closeup Front
Crown

The pictures were taken about 2 months ago. There are also pictures of my former hairline.

About 5-6 years old
About 12 years old

I think my regime did make my hairloss stop but my already receded temples do really annoy me. So I am considering to give dutasteride a shot and to add it to my regime. Finasterid and minoxidil will just keep my hair so I hope to gain some regrowth with dutasteride. Would you recommend this? Otherwise there will just be the option of a hair transplant in a few years.

Where do you see me on the norwood scale by the way? I consider myself to be a NW2-Norwood 2.5, do you agree to this?

Thanks in advance + sorry for my bad english. :whistle:

sadscalp

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: 23yo / Norwood 2 - Norwood 2.5 (???) - Pics included

I see a mature hairline, and no loss. Dutasteride won't give you any more regrowth, but if you're fine with potentially screwing up your body really bad then by all means go for it.

If you insists on having a boy's hairline then a hair transplant is your only option. You'll end up looking like an idiot, but hey, whatever works for ya.

You're a NW2. A perfectly normal NW2.

SemperFi

Reaction score

sadscalp said:
I see a mature hairline, and no loss. Dutasteride won't give you any more regrowth, but if you're fine with potentially screwing up your body really bad then by all means go for it.

If you insists on having a boy's hairline then a hair transplant is your only option. You'll end up looking like an idiot, but hey, whatever works for ya.

+1

People are getting over obsessed with their hair... :innocent:

omq

Reaction score

sadscalp said:

I don't want to have a boy's hairline. I am talking about restoring my NW1 hairline or do you think everyone looks like a idiot before he turns to a NW2?

sadscalp

Established Member
Reaction score

omq said:
sadscalp said:

I don't want to have a boy's hairline. I am talking about restoring my NW1 hairline or do you think everyone looks like a idiot before he turns to a NW2?

Dude, after looking at your pics once more I'd say that you're maybe, MAYBE, a NW1.5. You have a perfectly NORMAL ADULT HAIRLINE, why on earth would you wanna get expensive surgery to mess with that? What's the point? You have a great head of hair and shouldn't even be here.

But you know what, do whatever you want. I think you're gonna end up looking like an idiot, but whatever.

mike_b

Reaction score
Yeah dude...I didn't care at all when my hairline was receding. I noticed, but knew from looking at my friends that like 9/10 guys have some kind of V shape in the front. It's completely normal. Hell, there are 2 little kids in my family that have significantly more hairline recession than the OP here.

OP - wait until you have something that looks like it's going to be male pattern baldness recession or you lose a bit of density on the top/crown before you do anything. You're fine.

malo

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree with what everyone else said you have a great head of hair. No one would say you are losing it. If you have surgery now and waste 1600 plus grafts that you might need thirty years from now you will be sorry.