on and off shedding?

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
anyone else get on and off shedding? i can shed lots for a couple days, then next to nothing for a week, then shed again, then nothing. i'm not imagining it because i keep close track of my shedding, i'm hoping to be able to give a good account of my treatment routine after 12 months or so.

weezerboi18

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been on propecia for 3 months and I have encountred shed one month and the next month no shed. I wondering it will con't

Far Too Young

Established Member
Reaction score
Went on Propecia and for like two weeks there was no shedding. But for the past couple of weeks, I've been shedding like a biatch. Today's the one month anniversary of me and finasteride.

P.S. I still have both testicles, and they are in working condition.

bababa

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been on finasteride for almost 7 months now and I've shed a few times with it (going through one at teh moment, but it could also be seasonal, its been like 35C here everyday for the last few weeks!). I don't think its anything to worry about, just means the stuffs working.
Just keep your chin up and try to ignore it (though this can be hard when your bringing out multiple hairs at a time as you brush your hand through your hair) because at least the stuffs working.

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
bababa said:
I've been on finasteride for almost 7 months now and I've shed a few times with it (going through one at teh moment, but it could also be seasonal, its been like 35C here everyday for the last few weeks!). I don't think its anything to worry about, just means the stuffs working.
Just keep your chin up and try to ignore it (though this can be hard when your bringing out multiple hairs at a time as you brush your hand through your hair) because at least the stuffs working.

where do you live man? i live in the middle of canada where we are currently having a coldspell and the average temperature during the day is -24 (-30 with windchill) and at night -30 (-41 with windchill). and that's celcius.

bababa

Established Member
Reaction score
lol, I live on the other side of the world man... Perth Australia. we are in the hottest period of the year. just last week we had 3 days in a row of 40C plus weather...
Both my mum and my girlfriend are both going through sheds at the moment, and I am too (hair coming out all over the place :( ).... I think extreme weather patterns certainly must affect the body's cells in all sorts of ways, and shedding hair to keep cool has gotta be one of them. Another thing I do find is after I've been to the beach I seem to be able to pull out more hair than usual. Maybe its the salty water, I don't know.
I think in the first 12 months of treatment, no matter what your taking, your gonna experience alot of changes in the hairs normal routine as it adjust to the drugs. After that I guess it settles down. I'll be able to tell you in about 6 months, but its still early days yet for both of us