On average, how long does it take for nizoral shed to regrow?

JohnC43

Established Member
Reaction score
I want to add it into my routine but have a few weddings coming up and don't want to worsen my hairloss for them

ali777

Reaction score
No nizoral shed here....

I've been using nizoral for about 2 months now, and I haven't noticed any shed. I'd already been using Revita for 6 months before that. I thought I had a very mild shed in the first 2 weeks of revita, so I guess whatever I was supposed to shed, shed back then.

CCS

Reaction score
Never heard of nizoral shed. My hair just seemed to thicken. The studies lasted 6 months, and were thicker by 6 months, so I would say on average you will be thicker at 6 months than at start.

hhj1247

Established Member
Reaction score
May I add to this question?:

Is there a big difference between the over the counter 1% and the prescription 2%? I Aked my doctor months back for a prescription for 2% and he told me it had nothing to to do with treating male pattern baldness but rather it was for fungus. I really don't feel like going to the doctor, since its a pain in the butt and this doctor wouldn't give me a prescription, so I'm taking 1%. But, should I really bite the bullet and go see a derm and ask for 2%?

ali777

Reaction score
I believe the policy of the board is to not condone self-medication, but I live in Europe and over here 2% keto is available over the counter and everything I say is perfectly legal from my point of view...

Anyway, what I was going to say is, if you really want 2% nizoral, just order it online....

JohnC43

Established Member
Reaction score
ali777 said:
I believe the policy of the board is to not condone self-medication, but I live in Europe and over here 2% keto is available over the counter and everything I say is perfectly legal from my point of view...

Anyway, what I was going to say is, if you really want 2% nizoral, just order it online....
So, to what degree is the 2% better?

A

Administrator

2% Nizoral is not necessary for the majority of hair loss sufferers. It is prescription strength. People tend to overdo treatments in response to the psychological stress of losing hair, and the fear of further loss. This leads them to assume that if 1% is good, 2% must be better. The fact is, 2% is not necessary if you have no itch or typical itching and tingling. The 1% will take care of it just fine. The 2% is for men with severe scalp conditions tied to inflammation, which Im willing to bet even Ali does not have. 2% has been said to have growth stimulating properties, but ketokonazole also puts a strain on your liver, and there's no reason to use more of it unnecessarily.

To my knowledge there is no such thing as a Nizoral shed. And if there is, it would be subject to the same response times as any other shed.

Admin

JohnC43

Established Member
Reaction score
2% has been said to have growth stimulating properties
So 1% doesn't have growth stimulating properties?

I don't have an itch so much but would love it if something as convenient as shampoo would potentially regrow even a tiny amount

hhj1247

Established Member
Reaction score
Admin said:
2% Nizoral is not necessary for the majority of hair loss sufferers. It is prescription strength. People tend to overdo treatments in response to the psychological stress of losing hair, and the fear of further loss. This leads them to assume that if 1% is good, 2% must be better. The fact is, 2% is not necessary if you have no itch or typical itching and tingling. The 1% will take care of it just fine. The 2% is for men with severe scalp conditions tied to inflammation, which Im willing to bet even Ali does not have. 2% has been said to have growth stimulating properties, but ketokonazole also puts a strain on your liver, and there's no reason to use more of it unnecessarily.

To my knowledge there is no such thing as a Nizoral shed. And if there is, it would be subject to the same response times as any other shed.

Admin

Liver problems?! What!? How?! If you put it on your head, how does that effect the liver? Is it because you might swallow some of it?

I thought stupid Nizoral would be the absolute safest part of my regemine. Instead, it's just something else to worry about. Why does everythign have to have a stupid side? Argh! Anyway, I might just keep taking the 1% then, or at least until I think that I might have maxed out my other options. I will say this though, my itching has definately gone down to nearly zero.

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Tea tree oil conditioner is brilliant and tea tree is meant to have some anti-androgenic properties,