On fire with finasteride

G

Since I started seeing this new girl my sex drive has gone through the roof. I split proscar into 4 and pop one each day. I know this is supposed kill your sex drive but I am like a caged animal at the moment. I'm 35 and have not felt like this since I was 21. Maybe my body is now settled and my hormones are going back to normal.

has anyone ecounterd this before. Does it go up and down like a yoyo or am I just a lucky twat.

G

these blue pills you have been taking, what shape are they?

George Costanza

Established Member
Reaction score
How long have you been on finasteride?

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Propecia immediately begins to inhibit the formation of DHT. This means Testosterone is not allowed to bind with an enzyme and create DHT to a large extent anymore. This results in a lot of free testosterone floating around in the system. Eventually that testosterone will be metabolized into estrogens and you will see a potentially strong decrease in libido. But this is why you are seeing an increase in libido during your first few weeks on Propecia. You may be in for a big dry spell soon. Ultimately the pendulum will swing back, and your body will overcompensate and undercompensate until equilibrium is reached again. Typically takes a month or two. This is why Propecia side effects, unlike most other drugs, actually decrease if you give it time, rather than increase.

HairLossTalk.com

G

George Costanza said:
How long have you been on finasteride?

I guess I have been on it for over 5 months now. Seems to going OK. I think my hair has improved as well as my sex drive.