On propecia - do SHEDDED hairs grow back?

Mens Rea

Reaction score
With all these treatments i always read about shredding

im only into my 4th week of propecia and i THINK i may be shredding. I take that as a good sign though, because it means im responding in some capacity.

BUT, everyone always neglects to address the hugely important question - do these hairs COME BACK? If not, then, it's a bit of a bummer, eh?

Please clarify, because i worry if my hair diffuses much more it'll become very noticable whereas before it was just thin balding hair but not to the point where i look close to bald....

Deano74

Reaction score
Re: On propecia - do SHREDDED hairs grow back?

Colin297 said:

im only into my 4th week of propecia and i THINK i may be shredding. I take that as a good sign though, because it means im responding in some capacity.

BUT, everyone always neglects to address the hugely important question - do these hairs COME BACK? If not, then, it's a bit of a bummer, eh?

Please clarify, because i worry if my hair diffuses much more it'll become very noticable whereas before it was just thin balding hair but not to the point where i look close to bald....
Mate i dont want to sound negative but ive been on propecia for 3 months now and my hair has got thicker from day one. No shedding, well yet! Im not sure how the shedding thing works but i havent shedded. Cheers, Dean.

Mens Rea

Reaction score

Deano74 said:
Colin297 said:

Mate i dont want to sound negative but ive been on propecia for 3 months now and my hair has got thicker from day one. No shedding, well yet! Im not sure how the shedding thing works but i havent shedded. Cheers, Dean.

awsome for you buddy, nice one :D

im not completely sure if im shredding or not but even if i am ill take that as a good sign (within reason) because ive read countless reports that report shredding before gradually strong effects. It's the out and out non-responder that you definately dont want to be imo

long shot here, but, are you deano from coupe club?

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score

Shedding is pretty common. There are a lot of threads about this topic though and so you'll be hard pressed to find someone to explain it in full detail. Try searching through the topics and I'm sure it'll answer some questions for you.

Nighthair

Established Member
Reaction score

hey Colin,

No matter what happens other than side effects, stick with propecia/finasteride/proscar for at least one year before you decide if you should stop or continue with the treatment.

Do no let the "shreds" discourage you!

Good luck bro!

Deano74

Reaction score

Colin297 said:
Deano74 said:
Colin297 said:

Nah mate no coupe club here. Cheers.

awsome for you buddy, nice one :D

im not completely sure if im shredding or not but even if i am ill take that as a good sign (within reason) because ive read countless reports that report shredding before gradually strong effects. It's the out and out non-responder that you definately dont want to be imo

long shot here, but, are you deano from coupe club?

beaner

Reaction score

Since no one else is going to do it:

The word is "shed" or "shedding"--no R involved.

good luck

Flavio

Established Member
Reaction score

I'm a finasteride veteran (10 years on PROSCAR) and I honestly don't remember any shedding.

Mens Rea

Reaction score
im not sure if im truly shedding or not

i just noticed a few days ago a few extra hairs coming out when i ruffle my hair - no actual visible loss anyway. it was only a few hairs but i usually dont shed any hair unlike some balding folk

but we'll see. i feel im going to be a decent responder

symbolx

Established Member
Reaction score
I think we should call it "shredding" from now on. That sounds much cooler.
Now you know all the hair loss babes will want to be with the top shredders. Am I right?