Once a week micro-dosing finasteride

crustav

Reaction score
Was taking finasteride EOD for a couple months and copped the ED and numbness.

Got off for a few months, got back to normal and began microdosing, like 1/16th of 5mg generic once a week.

It's been at least 3 months and it seems to working. Sides came back a bit (or i'm paranoid) but i'm feeling 85-95% normal consistently.

Has anyone else sustained a weekly regime?

Given the amount of time the enzyme takes to reproduce (2 weeks i think) is it better than nothing?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's obviously better than nothing.

One issue with going once a week, as opposed to once a day, is that your hormones will be less consistent. It's possible that hormone fluctuations might be bad for you.

crustav

Reaction score
well, i know for sure that consistent use isn't tolerable for my body. Suppose i'll just have to stay conscious of how i'm feeling throughout the week. I do notice moodyness a day or two after taking it. I think it's caused by the low testosterone spike. I've started stripping naked and sunbathing for half hour, every day, it helps heaps.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why not just do consistent use at a much lower dose? You can make the dose arbitrarily small by dissolving it in water or everclear.

Norwood One

Experienced Member
Reaction score
32210168_DHT_1.gif

I was thinking about doing that. If/when I have the balls to start up again.

Iopu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I tried 1.25mg once per week. It didn't work for me. My hair was still thinning out and looking like ****. Every day worked great, in fact I hadn't seen my hair so thick since I was 16.
I stopped it and switched to ru. Still think about getting back on it sometimes.

g.i joey

Reaction score
I'm taking it Friday - Tuesday at doses anywhere from .5-1mg I don't know if it's enough I'm 3 weeks in but my hair is shedding like a mofo

shookwun

Reaction score
Won't your blood levels not be stable, and in return this could leave you worst off.

it's never good to have rebounding androgen levels..want to keep them stable.

I might try this though.

WangMQ

Established Member
Reaction score
What exactly do you mean by "working"? Does it keep your hair? reduced shedding? helped with the itch/inflammation?

- - - Updated - - -

Won't your blood levels not be stable, and in return this could leave you worst off.

it's never good to have rebounding androgen levels..want to keep them stable.

I might try this though.

Absolutely right IMO. Taking finasteride on and off makes your body produces more DHT everytime you're off. So many guys got burst of itch/shedding out of that, even worse than when completely not on finasteride.

deniak

Reaction score
Absolutely right IMO. Taking finasteride on and off makes your body produces more DHT everytime you're off. So many guys got burst of itch/shedding out of that, even worse than when completely not on finasteride.

Can someone confirm that DHT levels are stable? I always thought that hormone levels are changing through day, even extremely - for example if you check serum cortisol levels early morning, you have specific range to compare if you fit to averages etc.
If overproduction of DHT is legit, then topical microdosing idea should land in trash...

crustav

Reaction score
What exactly do you mean by "working"? Does it keep your hair? reduced shedding? helped with the itch/inflammation?

- - - Updated - - -

Well, i rarely get scalp itch. I lose less hairs than i previously did in the shower. It's on about day 5-7 any of those things happen. There is probably a day or two in there with an increased dht effect. I still have slight sides but not nearly as bad as they were before. 80-90% erection quality and watery semen are persistent, i jelq as a buffer.

WangMQ

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, i rarely get scalp itch. I lose less hairs than i previously did in the shower. It's on about day 5-7 any of those things happen. There is probably a day or two in there with an increased dht effect. I still have slight sides but not nearly as bad as they were before. 80-90% erection quality and watery semen are persistent, i jelq as a buffer.

Glad that it works for you!

I guess it works because the drug response time is much longer than the time your body cleans the drug. 5AR takes a lot of time to replenish.

I take finasteride two or three times a week now, on a very very small dosage. I always feel like **** after taking it, but the days without finasteride I'd feel OK. But some weird things would happen, like sometimes I get burst of itch and sebum even when I'm on finasteride that day...And it's hard to say how much it's working for my hair

Devin

My Regimen
Reaction score
I spent so long researching microdsoing and all I'm doing is posting my personal experience after reading just about all of the forums and reading charts.

Journey:

Started at .03 - .05 mg Eod in may. Then went to .1 mg every third day in June. Then .125 mg Eod in July-August. Then .125 ed in September. Now at .167 mg per day.

You can get it to pieces this small with a good knife and practice. I'm guessing at the dose based off the fraction I cut it into.

I started off on saw palmetto 900 mg a day-Ish. That gave me erectile dysfunction one night and I don't use it anymore.

On .03-.05 mg, my hair loss went from 50 in the shower to probably 30. Not enough to stop it, no sides felt.

I noticed sides taking .07-.10 mg after one month. Brain fog. So I started taking it every third day in June. I noticed watery semen and lower labido. I was afraid I couldn't perform with women but It wasn't an issue it turned out. Shedding started in July. I was losing 70+ hairs in the shower for about 3 weeks so I started washing my hair only every third or fourth day. Kinda gross but I wore a hat. In August my hair loss went to about 30 lost per shower. My labido went up and erections were harder. In September I started only losing 20 hairs in the shower. At a higher dose of .125 my erections were about 20% less (and it's stayed that way) but no problem in bed, no feeling loss and no brain fog. No morning wood after this point though. At the end of September I started noticing more hairs in the hairline coming up. I started losing more though so tried .25 and it killed my dick for two days. I decided to try .167 ed and I've stuck with that now with only a few issues. I feel a little tired and need about 1-2 more hours of sleep a night. Erections are not as strong as before but it's not a big deal. I can barely notice. I read that it can affect depression and my existing depression is definitely worse than it was before finasteride. It affects your hormones so I take this into consideration. I get a few eye floaters too. They seem to be going away. That lasted like a week. My body hair grows really slow now. Chest hair, armpit hair etc it is much thinner. No more morning wood and I have to urinate more at night (that's when I take finasteride) All in all it's pretty much stopped my hair loss but there's always a few sides to anything. I won't be upping the dose and if I notice anything terrible like the sides at .25 mg then I will just shave my head a few years down the road. I will probably lower the dose to .125 mg ed here soon because I think .167 is too much still.

Edit: I take biotin, silica, zinc 50mg/day, vitamin d, vitamin c and eat extremely healthy now vs before I started.

Pic in white shirt is most recent, the other was 1.5 years ago.

Attachments

• IMG_4724.JPG
    IMG_4724.JPG
    149.3 KB · Views: 1,195
  • IMG_4723.JPG
    IMG_4723.JPG
    114.5 KB · Views: 1,842
Last edited: