One place to get licorice extract

CCS

Reaction score
edit: wrong species. I also don't know if it is the right extract.

http://www.satveda.com/product.asp?pID=87&cID=4&c=1404

Micheal Berry posted a study showing it inhibits 5ar and the AR better than any of the other herbs they tested, including peppermint. I even found the study on google afterwards. The peppermint micheal berry used at 2% has stopped most of the beard growth on one side of his face.

This stuff is $15 (probably $20 after shipping) for 60 x 750mg. I plan to put one pill in with my EGCG, white curcumin, and apple poly. This may replace my RU.

CCS

Reaction score
I've got a wide range of carriers, from stuff more non-polar than oleic acid, to oleic acid, PG, ethanol, DMSO, water, polysorbate 80. One of them should dissolve it.

mulder

Established Member
Reaction score
You can also buy licorice essential oils on ebay for a few bucks. Why does everyone ignore that Scottish study? Lavendar, Thyme, Cedarwood, Rosemary were used in that I believe. Would cedarwood have any of the properties of pine bark extract??

CCS

Reaction score
mulder said:
You can also buy licorice essential oils on ebay for a few bucks. Why does everyone ignore that Scottish study? Lavendar, Thyme, Cedarwood, Rosemary were used in that I believe. Would cedarwood have any of the properties of pine bark extract??

I read the study. I think 59% of participants grew hair. Not sure. No numbers given, i think. Sounds weaker than minoxidil.

Is it the extract, or the essential oils in licorice that matters? I think it is just the extract, from how the study sounded. We need to know if it is the water extract, ethanol extract, or some other extract.

mulder

Established Member
Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
mulder said:

I read the study. I think 59% of participants grew hair. Not sure. No numbers given, i think. Sounds weaker than minoxidil.

Is it the extract, or the essential oils in licorice that matters? I think it is just the extract, from how the study sounded. We need to know if it is the water extract, ethanol extract, or some other extract.

Well its a way to get emu oil and some other oils into the mix. Presumably can help with the minoxidil absorption if applied afterwards too.

CCS

Reaction score
mulder said:
collegechemistrystudent said:
mulder said:

Well its a way to get emu oil and some other oils into the mix. Presumably can help with the minoxidil absorption if applied afterwards too.

good points. I try to avoid grease, but the truth is fat soluble stuff is absorbed well.

CCS

Reaction score
Don't worry Beaner. I'm almost ready to leave. At least that is what I think until someone posts a new discovery. Then I have to figure out how to work it into my regimen.