only for guys who count their hair loss

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
#1how do you count the amount you lose in the shower?

#2 How many are you loosing a day?

#3 For guys who say they loose 150 in the shower,...are you seriously counting each one or does it just look like that man?

thansk a lot guys.

EliasNJ

Reaction score
By noting the time, date, location, length, flexibility of each hair found around whereabouts. To make a more accurate investigation, count every hair on the head, note it and compare to yesterday's log on the chart.

Nah, I just look in the sink when I dry my hair out and notice how much hair falls out. I just get a rough estimate of how much falls in the sink.

oni

Reaction score
jimmystanley, if you want to know how many hairs have fallen out you will have to wear a bag on your head and make sure it's air tight we don't want any of them little beggars to get out and screw up that hair count!

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ya, but i'm just talking about the ones you can see...ie..shower clog, in the sink, on the pillow.

Axon

Reaction score
It's impossible to actually count the hairs. It's always a rough estimate.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
roughly count the stars sometime and get back to us. then we'll answer your question on roughly counted hairs.

Rawbbie

Established Member
Reaction score
okay, so now you have to multiply the 30 hairs in the shower by the 15 throughout the day, which will give you the square root of the 50 hairs you might lose on the high end calculation.

Then, subtract the grand total and divide by the median amount added to the 30 hairs down the sink.

This gives you somewhere between a rough estimate and a more rougher estimate of how many hairs a day you lose

pleasehelpme

Established Member
Reaction score
okay so lets say you lose 50 instead of 30. 50+15= 65

it's normal to lose 100-150 hairs a day.. some people even say it's normal to lose 100-200

Temples

Experienced Member
Reaction score
HairlossTalk said:
roughly count the stars sometime and get back to us. then we'll answer your question on roughly counted hairs.

LOL!

Well, all I can say is, I never had any noticeable hair loss until I went on Atkins. After that, the floodgates opened and full-blown male pattern baldness kicked in. The 50-100 estimate for non-MPBers sounds a little high IMHO.

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i agree. i would say that i probably lose like maybe 120 hairs a day, a total guess cause i get like three or four in the shower, one or two on my comb when i brush it for a few minutes. but i am losing my hair. i think the 80 hairs a day for non-male pattern baldness is a bunch of bull. i don't ever remember seeing hairs on my papers in high school.

PartTimeNinja

Established Member
Reaction score
Trent8 said:
i think the 80 hairs a day for non-male pattern baldness is a bunch of bull. i don't ever remember seeing hairs on my papers in high school.

Because you were not looking for them. Now, with male pattern baldness, I notice every hair around me - but I were not paying attention to hair before male pattern baldness absorbed my life. To say that the 80-100 hair a day for non male pattern baldness's is a bunch of bull is going against people (scientist) who did some investigations on the subject.

Temples

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I don't know about a number. I just know that I never noticed any hair loss before. Your statement goes both ways. Do you ever think that you "look" for hair because you're losing it? Before male pattern baldness I RARELY ever seen any loose hair. After onset of MPBâ€â€￾you guessed it: lots of loose hairs.

Deaner

Reaction score
But perhaps you are losing more than the 100-120 you seem to NOTICE during the day with your male pattern baldness as well? I don't think it's bull to lose 100 a day without male pattern baldness, totally normal in my books. You just don't notice all 100 when you're wanderin' around during the day.

And besides, the problem with male pattern baldness is not the increased fallout usually, it's the fact that they grow back weaker and weaker.

Axon

Reaction score
I noticed about as much hair fallout before I was balding as I do now.

The shedder

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't know about that , think about it guys. The first time I noticed i was losing hair is when I was losing alot of hair in the shower. Theres no way anyone just looks up and says Damn i have a bald spot but it wasn't noticable because I've been losing the same amount of hair everyday my whole life. Maybe the 100-150 hairs normal non male pattern baldness people lose is also from Non male pattern baldness parts of the scalp, but the number still does sound high to me. And Temples, sorry to hear about the Atkins problem, but some researchers are looking into the role of insulin and hairloss so maybe cutting carbs would be helpful, because i am on atkins myself.

Temples

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I agree with The shedder, and Deaner's right about the hairs growing back weaker. I just know from my own experience that before male pattern baldness: didn't notice hairs. After male pattern baldness: noticed LOTS of hairs falling outâ€â€￾fast. I suppose everyone's different.

About Atkins, something like 13% of people on the diet reported hair loss. Right after I started, I felt like a chemo patient. Good luck with your weight loss.