opinion needed on nizoral

21gone

Established Member
Reaction score
I have tried to use nizoral now for the last 7 months or so, the problem is that when I use it my vertex begins to itch like a mofo sometimes. I also have no noticable hairloss at my vertex. When I do not use it after about 4 or 5 days I have no itching at all and my scalp feels good. Should I continue to use nizoral or should I just drop it? Was not sure if I should continue or not because I have not used it sometimes for a few weeks at a time because of the itching.

Cassin

Reaction score
21gone said:
I have tried to use nizoral now for the last 7 months or so, the problem is that when I use it my vertex begins to itch like a mofo sometimes. I also have no noticable hairloss at my vertex. When I do not use it after about 4 or 5 days I have no itching at all and my scalp feels good. Should I continue to use nizoral or should I just drop it? Was not sure if I should continue or not because I have not used it sometimes for a few weeks at a time because of the itching.

Your scalp is dry, that happened to me too. Add in a moisturizing conditioner after Nizoral use and drop your Nizoral use to once a week for now.

TIGI moisture maniac is a good option.

G

Or better yet - drop nizoral. Why control inflammation when there is none?

21gone

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks Cassin, I will have to look into that. I always think it is worse in the winter because I do have naturally dry skin and have had it for as long as I can remember. To nesta I think jesusfreak had showed a study for CP that said something along the lines that eventhough you may not have an itch you may still have inflamation which could be attacking your follicles. That is def not word for word but if I recall it was something along the lines of that.