Opinions welcome on hair loss...

Dpw28

Reaction score
Hi everyone, 1st post here on the forum and I'm glad I've found it here on the web.

I'm 32, 33 in January. I've still got a great head of hair and show or have done at least, very little signs of receding.

However this past month I've noticed a thinning of my hair where my cows lick is (front of head)

i used a different hair styling product over the summer, a thick clay type, and it's since then I've noticed it thinning in this area and seems to recede.

ive attached a picture and I fully realise it doesn't look as bad as some cases on here but it is of genuine concern to me.

what would be the best option for me now? Leave it and see what happens or start using products out there? I have tried alpecin but I'm not sure if it's working

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 226
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 201
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 185

Vlatch

Established Member
Reaction score
You're obviously too late for treatment, you should shave it off and get a wig.

No seriously there's nothing you should do for your hair right now, or probably ever, except enjoying it like a motherfracker !
And please don't make the mistake of using minoxidil on your temples just because you have a microscopic recession at the age of 32.

Dpw28

Reaction score
You're obviously too late for treatment, you should shave it off and get a wig.

No seriously there's nothing you should do for your hair right now, or probably ever, except enjoying it like a motherfracker !
And please don't make the mistake of using minoxidil on your temples just because you have a microscopic recession at the age of 32.

But if I use something now before it gets any worse won't that help my chances of not losing it?

whats so bad about minoxidil?

thanks for your reply

Vlatch

Established Member
Reaction score
But if I use something now before it gets any worse won't that help my chances of not losing it?

whats so bad about minoxidil?

thanks for your reply
Dude it won't get any worse, it may be sligthly thinner by the time you're 60, so what ? That's called aging, you'll probably never be bald though, unless your Androgenetic Alopecia has decided to start now which is unlikely. If you're too scared, monitor your loss by taking the same pictures every year, but that level of hair loss is nothing for a 32 year old, keep that in mind.

There's nothing wrong with minoxidil except it's a regrowth treatment and you clearly don't need it. Nor finasteride.

TwoGoats

Reaction score
Your best bet would be just to go to see doctor, make a blood test and see if You have androgenic alopecia. If you do then you could probably jumo on finasteride, but at the age of 32 and you have no significant signs of it you probably don't have it.

Vlatch

Established Member
Reaction score
Lot of sarcasm with these replies. Not what I was hoping for
Oh sorry you were expecting people to recommend a treatment for your non-existent hair loss ?

Trust me you wouldn't feel better if I had told you you had male pattern baldness. The best you can do is to worry about other things, I'm not trying to be mean or anything like that, but you're obsessing over nothing, just be happy :p