OPN's Story - (Dont know how to start this battle)

OPN

Reaction score
Hey everyone; Im new to this site - found it this morning while lookiing for a solution to my hair loss that started gaining momentum about 2 years ago.

Im 18 and a half at the moment and am experiencing thinning hair at both temples, whenever I shower at least 40 hairs fall out - that over and above the hair that falls out during the day.

About 5 months ago I went to the local doctor, and asked him about how to treat the problem - he said immediately Propecia, and he gave me a prescription. I have not got the Propecia yet because after doing a lot of reseach on the web I saw/heard of shocking side effects that can happen ...

My grandfather and my father both went bald, so its definately hereditary ...

Please give me some advice - I'd really appreciate it before its too late :)

Nashville Hairline

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: Dont know how to start this battle :/

Its hard to know at your age it *could* be just a mature hairline developing or it *could* be the beginnings of male pattern baldness. Your grandfather and father having it probably does indicate you have a high chance its male pattern baldness. You can get side-effects with the drug but the stats that are out there say this happens with only a small minority.

Its your choice. IMO I'd take pictures again in five or six months with the same angle and lighting as you have above and assess from there whether its deteriorated. You still obviously have enough hair that no-one is going to think you have a problem right now.