Opposite of side effects

Deaner

Reaction score
Coming up on 1 month with finasteride, and instead of seeing a decrease in libido, ejaculate, and erections, I've seen an increase across the board. I bust a nut like no other now, am more easily aroused and feel like having sex more often, etc, etc. So what gives? How can finasteride be IMPROVING my sex life when so often it ruins it? I thought these sort of anti-side-effects only came within the first couple weeks or so, but for me, it's been a steady increase for the last 2/4 weeks of my regimen.

Last blade

Established Member
Reaction score
That happens to most people who take finasteride.Sex drive is increased intially due to the boost in testosterone levels.As time progresses you'll more than likley see the flip side.
Sorry but finasteride is no aphrodisiac

Deaner

Reaction score
Awww, I don't want the flipside :( I can take it going back to normal levels however...

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
same thing happened to me in the first couple months....Then the exact opposite happened at about month 4 along with another nasty side effct.

viperfish

Reaction score
Just wait those nasties will come! Completely normal to have heigtened sexual drive in the very begining.

Deaner

Reaction score
Well, is it possible to just return to normal sexual levels instead of dipping entirely? I mean, cmon, if only 2% of people in the trials experienced adverse sexual effects, how come you guys make it sound like 100% of finasteride users will never have a sex life again?

Seattle

Reaction score
That 2% is BS if you ask me. From what I've gathered from reading this site for over a year, it's more like 50%. The 50% that have some symptoms live with it because it's not that significant after seeing the results of finasteride.

The shedder

Established Member
Reaction score
Yea, my first month I felt like Ron Jeremy, I was practically humping chairs :lol: . Soon after I got the side effects. After a year like someone said if you are not pleased with the results and the side effects are unbearable you got a tough choice man.

Thinning

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My increased sex drive and libido has not ceased and Ive been on finasteride for 1.5 years. I can have sex with orgasms 2-3 times a day for a sustained period of time. Ive worn out a couple girlfriends to the point of them dumping me. And Im 33 years old.

I used to be a once or sometimes twice a day'er max.

I do not however get as much morning wood, cant explain that one.

Whoome?

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree wit Seattle before i started i used to think it was 2% but as i began to experience it and as i looked through the forum of everyone who started on finasteride i would say *most* experienced sexual side effects one time or another when they started on finasteride.

viperfish

Reaction score
Yeah it seems as if everyone at some time has a problem with it. Gyno, teste pain, decreased libido, no wood...................No thanks! I'm very happy with my hard pecker! :D Just reasons why I won't touch it. I'll just be bald with a hard on.

The shedder

Established Member
Reaction score
Yea viperfish, a hard-on with no one to use it on. You never know if the side effects will appear until you try it.

extremekicks

Established Member
Reaction score
I spanked myy monkey 5x on saturday. Um sex with my girls can be 2 to 7 times a day ...weekend feeasco. But i been on the sauce for 8 months now.

DEANER U HOMO UR 18 U SHOULD BE FUCKIN UR SISTER STUFFED ANIMALS WHEN EVERYONE IS ASLEEP.

PCE

hair mchair

Established Member
Reaction score
The incidence of side effects is probably greater than 2%. It seems a lot of people on this forum have the transitory side effects, whereby it takes a few weeks for their bodies to adjust to finasteride. After that, things go back to normal or almost back to normal.

Skandal

Reaction score
Yeah, I posted a while back ago about side effects. I'd say they've disappeared completely, or very nearly completely anyway. No regrowth or thickening yet though.

Deaner

Reaction score
extremekicks, how am I homo if I'm having sex with chicks @ 18? I don't get your logic? A little bit jealous or something cuz ya still don't get any, or what?

viperfish

Reaction score
Why does everyone think bald guys can't get chicks?? Jesus!!!! You gotta know how to play the game .........most girls honestly don't give a sh*t. My hairs not that bad, but a buddy of mine who is bald gets laid all the time. It comes down to personality and not so much on how you look. If you guys think that way you'll never get laid. If you think negatively about yourself you tend to display those traits in everything you do. The way you talk, walk, etc...... I don't know how old you are but as you get a little older you'll see it's not all about the way you look! The man with confidence gets the chick.....plain and simple. 8)

viperfish

Reaction score
"Referring to the comment about going bald if not on Propecia."

Why does everyone think that Propecia is the ONLY choice and the ONLY thing that can stop hairloss??????? :-x

drinkrum

Reaction score
While the incidence of side effects might be more than the reported 2%, I don't think it's fair to say they're significantly more by quoting the people on this site.

Remember you're gonna hear more from people who have problems with it than from those who don't. Millions of men in the U.S. take Propecia and a vast majority of those don't complain to their doctors, don't complain to Web sites, etc. That's because they encounter no side effects and feel no need to share their story and lambast the drug on a public forum.

You gotta take the whole sample -- for every one of us that's experienced side effects, there're probably nine other men who have had no problems.

D.