Optimus Prime's Story - (27/Pics) (2008 - 2011)

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
michael23 said:
seriosly man but i don't see a lot of results for 4 years
hmm is propecia so bad?

My hair is thicker throughout and the crown is slightly better. All I wanted to do was maintain. I have so far.

FSHGLD

Established Member
Reaction score
You've definitely improved, particularly at the front. About how long were you on finasteride when things started getting better, and do you think things got better on minoxidil alone?

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
rorkybalboa said:
that's good results man, you've certainly retained if not thickened.

Thanks

FSHGLD said:
You've definitely improved, particularly at the front. About how long were you on finasteride when things started getting better, and do you think things got better on minoxidil alone?

Na, minoxidil did not do much, my hair was thinning all over. It was finasteride that helped me. It took about 1 year to see a change. I ignored sheds, you cannot judge if it works on sheds, wait a year and see the difference.

michael23

Reaction score
optimus prime said:
rorkybalboa said:

Thanks

FSHGLD said:

Na, minoxidil did not do much, my hair was thinning all over. It was finasteride that helped me. It took about 1 year to see a change. I ignored sheds, you cannot judge if it works on sheds, wait a year and see the difference.

are you planing to be on finasteride all the time?
you 've said it alone that your sperm is like water...

yeah i want to know too if minoxidil alone will help ...
actually i am out of options in my country for the dht blocker there is only finasteride but i ain't drink that risky thing

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
michael23 said:
optimus prime said:
rorkybalboa said:

Thanks

FSHGLD said:

are you planing to be on finasteride all the time?
you 've said it alone that your sperm is like water...

yeah i want to know too if minoxidil alone will help ...
actually i am out of options in my country for the dht blocker there is only finasteride but i ain't drink that risky thing

No, I plan to come off finasteride soon.

I dunno if minoxidil is enough, I think it depends on the type of hair loss. Mine is aggressive defuse thinning. minoxidil would do nothing for me on its own, however blocking DHT helps me a lot.

michael23

Reaction score
i would be interested to hear some natural and safe DHT blocker
i am drinking tea from nettle and green tea
and put on my crown root from nettle

anything else?

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
finfighter said:
That's great maintenance for four years, good results man! Use a a bit of toppik! And maybe you can fill that crown in with Bimatoprost, we will be ordering soon!

Yea, I can't complain. I thought I was going to be a Norwood 5 by 26 so I am happy.

Also the crown looks worse in the pic then in real life. The pic is under a bright light and flash. In natural day light it is less obvious.

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
finfighter said:
finfighter said:
michael23 said:
i would be interested to hear some natural and safe DHT blocker
i am drinking tea from nettle and green tea
and put on my crown root from nettle

anything else?

There's a magical mushroom that blocks DHT, but it's hard to find in the forest...

This post was a joke, by the way :woot:

lol. I've tried the magic mushroom. Sadly it did not block DHT, it just made me freak out for a few hours. Worth it.

michael23

Reaction score
finfighter said:
This post was a joke, by the way :woot:
thanks god you've told me in time
i've already started searching in the forest :woot:

no really how good is the Revivogen?

FSHGLD

Established Member
Reaction score
optimus prime said:
rorkybalboa said:

Thanks

FSHGLD said:

Interesting. Did it improve further after 12 months? I'm curious because you've a similar pattern of loss to me, though I started finasteride when I was 23, 9 months ago - I would probably be at the level of your 2007 photo now if I did nothing. I've a feeling minoxidil hasn't really done anything for me either-possibly a slight improvement after 3 months, but I think those results faded away at the 6 month point, and now the finasteride results are kicking in.
Why do you keep using minoxidil if you feel it's doing nothing? I'm tempted to quit, but also a bit scared. I think I'll keep using it until I get to a point when the finasteride regrowth peaks and then quit and see what happens...if I see shedding I'll get back on it. So when do you think your results from finasteride levelled off?

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
FSHGLD said:
Interesting. Did it improve further after 12 months? I'm curious because you've a similar pattern of loss to me, though I started finasteride when I was 23, 9 months ago - I would probably be at the level of your 2007 photo now if I did nothing. I've a feeling minoxidil hasn't really done anything for me either-possibly a slight improvement after 3 months, but I think those results faded away at the 6 month point, and now the finasteride results are kicking in.
Why do you keep using minoxidil if you feel it's doing nothing? I'm tempted to quit, but also a bit scared. I think I'll keep using it until I get to a point when the finasteride regrowth peaks and then quit and see what happens...if I see shedding I'll get back on it. So when do you think your results from finasteride levelled off?

Yes, it is slowly reversing. I believe it takes as long as it did to bald as it does to reverse. For example, my hair was kinda thick until 2007. So it did not take long for that to recover. However my crown was slowly thinning for about 4-5 years, so I am seeing that slowly recover. This year was better than last year, and last year was better than year before.

minoxidil might be working, i dunno. One month supply lasts me 2-3 months so I don't use much. 4 cans a year? That is about £50 a year. It is foam and dries within 5 mins.

FSHGLD

Established Member
Reaction score
optimus prime said:
Yes, it is slowly reversing. I believe it takes as long as it did to bald as it does to reverse. For example, my hair was kinda thick until 2007. So it did not take long for that to recover. However my crown was slowly thinning for about 4-5 years, so I am seeing that slowly recover. This year was better than last year, and last year was better than year before.

minoxidil might be working, i dunno. One month supply lasts me 2-3 months so I don't use much. 4 cans a year? That is about £50 a year. It is foam and dries within 5 mins.

Thanks for the reply. I've never heard anyone report improvements continuing for that long a period of time. Did you stop using minoxidil on everywhere except the crown after the rest improved? Is that why you use so little?

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I actually only used minoxidil on the crown from the beginning. Never used it anywhere else.

It was only after a huge shed that I realised I was defuse thinning and went on finasteride.

I have heard people say that their best results on finasteride were after 2 years and 3 years. At about 5 years they usually just maintain.

Tyler_Durden

Established Member
Reaction score
Great results, your front section looks significantly better as does your crown. Your crown looked almost slick bald in the before pictures, you can see it now has some decent coverage and it should only get better from here I reckon.

Your 2007 to now pic is great, deserves its own thread in the success section.

Well done, and keep up the good work (although I think you said you are gonna drop finasteride which is unfortunate).

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Tyler_Durden said:
Great results, your front section looks significantly better as does your crown. Your crown looked almost slick bald in the before pictures, you can see it now has some decent coverage and it should only get better from here I reckon.
Yes it was. When I rub my finger on it, it was just smooth skin. Now it is hair.

Tyler_Durden said:
Your 2007 to now pic is great, deserves its own thread in the success section.

Well done, and keep up the good work (although I think you said you are gonna drop finasteride which is unfortunate).

Thanks man. Well I went to 0.5 finasteride each night and spironolactone S5 in the mornings, and currently my scalp is starting to itch. Which is not a good sign at all.

So I might try RU. I hope so much it works!!

deadlocks

Established Member
Reaction score
Otherwise, you could try Dutasteride. I'm on it for about 7 months, and have no real side effects from it. Currently shedding though, but if you don't mind going through that, dutasteride could really help you out. As you said blocking DHT did much good for you? And as the crown is most sensitive for DHT (the front was more testo. sensitive) you might even regrow some.