optimystic

Reaction score
hi
this is my first post here
im 19 turning 20 in a month
i always had a thick rat's nest of hair on my hed
couldnt style it at all.
it was dry and abundant and rough.
now my hair is thinner and softer and wetter.
i realized i was losing hair when it started looking better when i go for long times without a hair cut (as opposed to before when it only looked good for a week after a hair cut)
now these pictures are 3 days after a hair cut. in 2 weeks or so my hair will be long enough that if i take pictures without holding my hair back no baldness shows. but right now when im under strong light yes my head is visible.

i consulted my aunt who is a dermatologist about 6 months ago. she gave me la roche posay which i spray 3 times a week. it doesnt look like its helping but i choose to believe it slowed it down (although it probably didnt).
also recently my aunt has given me ducray anastim to apply.
im optimistic about it too.

my dad is 55 but according to my mom he had a very good head of hair at 30. right now he's not bald except at the vertex and even that is only visible from a top view.
his brother is really bald tho.
from my mom's side, her brothers both have receding hairlines and balding at their vertices but only one of them has it aggressively the other is okay...

basically my gene pool + my early balding stats make it obvious where this is headed.

for the most part my hair is just thinning then falling off when i stroke it.

i have 2 questions mostly:

1st of all does any1 have ducray anastim or la roche posay anti chute experience? i mean does this stuff really help out in the long run?

2nd of all my hair looks okay in a crew cut and i can even live with a shaved one (like not shaved to skin but you know like a gray greenish rug). if i keep cutting my hair short like that, will it stop falling? i dont expect it to grow back, but will there always be the shade of really short hairs that covers my scalp if im going with military style cuts, or will that go too regardless of whether or not i grow my hair long?

i posted pics of my head. see for yourself, comment and reply. thanks in advance for the help.

Attachments

• 08102009035.jpg
    08102009035.jpg
    412.7 KB · Views: 206
  • 08102009036.jpg
    08102009036.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 230
  • 08102009040.jpg
    08102009040.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 205
  • 08102009041.jpg
    08102009041.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 204
  • 08102009042.jpg
    08102009042.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 216

metropolis

Established Member
Reaction score
Your pictures are not very clear, but your hair seems to be greasy and thinning. I suggest a buzz cut - it usually looks good and it makes it easier to handle.

Ask your aunt about Propecia (finasteride). It is the most effective baldness treatment available today, but there could be some serious side effects (e.g. loss of libido). Good luck!

optimystic

Reaction score
yeah i know about propecia and revivogen and those pills...besides the fact that i don't think my mom or my aunt would let me take them, i personally don't think its worth it...

i have great sex drive i dont wanna mess that up, i'd rather go fully bald :)

i might try laser hair treatment but i don't know if it's worth it coz it's kind of expensive...

but again i ask my questions: what do u know about la roche posay and ducray anastim?
and is it better for my hair if i cut it really really short (crew cut\military style)
i mean if i always cut my hair like michael scofield in prison break, will it be healthier and make it last longer? will it stop thinning and falling off?
also do la roche posay and ducray anastim work better on short hair by any chance?

thank you in advance
optimystic