oral ketoconezle

antonio666

Reaction score
considering oral ketoconezle for lowering testosterone big time,anyone think this is a good idea?

IBM

Reaction score
antonio666 said:
considering oral ketoconezle for lowering testosterone big time,anyone think this is a good idea?

My mom keeps oral Nizoral for fungus problem. I was considering to take it but better no. It can be very toxic and i found no one taking it for hairloss.

IBM

Reaction score
Side-Effects

The major drawbacks of ketoconazole therapy are from the occasionally seen adverse reactions. It may induce anorexia, nausea and vomiting [467, 598]. Increase in transaminase levels and hepatoxicity may occur [1332, 2369]. Ketoconazole may decrease testosterone and cortisol levels, resulting in gynecomastia and oligospermia in men and menstrual irregularities in women [1663, 2237].

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Taking ketoconazole orally - The side-effects of ketoconazole are sometimes used to treat non-fungal problems. The decrease in testosterone caused by the drug makes it useful for treating prostate cancer and for preventing post-operative erections following penile surgery.

So it will reduce testosterone which may help hairloss but not necessarily but sexual side effects are almost guaranteed. Ketoconazole as you know used in nizoral is renowned for its anti-androgen and anti fungal effectiveness as a topical.

If you are going down this risky route of possbile erectile dysfuncion and gyno then you would be better taking spironolactone which is known for its anti-androgen effects orally and topically and used by a few on these boards.

Spironolactone inhibits the effect of aldosterone by competing for intracellular aldosterone receptor in the distal tubule cells. This increases the secretion of water and sodium, while decreasing the excretion of potassium. Spironolactone has a fairly slow onset of action, taking several days to develop and similarly the effect diminishes slowly. Spironolactone has anti-androgen activity by binding to the androgen receptor and thus preventing it to interact with dihydrotestosterone.

Hope this helps.

antonio666

Reaction score
thanks nick,

but i am already blocking 90%DHT i want the excess testosterone to be lower,will oral spironolactone acheive this

CCS

Reaction score
antonio666 said:

I heard suppository keto is better.