Oral spironolactone is Killing Me

harey

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, not in terms of side effects, thank god. I haven't noticed one difference. My skin has cleared a bit, I started on only 12.5mg. nine months ago, but have been on 50 (and now 100mg) for a while now. One in the am, one in the pm.

I've been on dutasteride. and minoxidil. for 18 months as well.

I have lost, in all honesty, 15% of my hair. I do have very *thick* hair, but there is diffuse thinning *everywhere*, and I can't hold out any much longer. I thought I did notice some temple regrowth, and while with other treatments such as minoxidil or Propecia. i would consider this a good sign, i don't know that OS forces out all the other hair for a new cycle. the others treatments do, but this could be the side effect of it being a diuretic, or it could be some sort of hormonal upheaval that doesn't correct itself.

What do people think? I know a few of you had problems, eagle, for ex., i know socks never did, etc.

But do we have any documented proof of someone regrowing after an OS shed?

antonio666

Reaction score
also count youself lucky (wrong choice of word)because nobody on these boards is lucky but i have lost 50% density in 12 months

G

antonio666 said:
also count youself lucky (wrong choice of word)because nobody on these boards is lucky but i have lost 50% density in 12 months

you claim my hair loss is as bad as yours but now you say you've lost 50% density in 12 months. i haven't.

antonio666

Reaction score
jayman.to be fair your would not have been anywere near as thick as mine pre male pattern baldness, iwould say my hair was double the thickness brad pitts is now,that is the only reason the balding is not obvios on me when my hair is dry.your hair looks bad when wet like mine

G

antonio666 said:
jayman.to be fair your would not have been anywere near as thick as mine pre male pattern baldness, iwould say my hair was double the thickness brad pitts is now,that is the only reason the balding is not obvios on me when my hair is dry.your hair looks bad when wet like mine

double the thickness of brad pitts? give me a break.

G

JayMan said:
antonio666 said:

double the thickness of brad pitts? give me a break.

Yeah my hair is triple the thickness of Chewbaccas now and I've already lost about 55.59% of my hair. Go figure.

IBM

Reaction score
Please get back to the subject.

harey i'm on OS almost two months. I shed like crazy and lost density on top. But i was losing hair two weeks before starting OS but not at that rate. But i think the big factor is a dermatitis i have. Recently i had an attack of rot flaking skin and lost hair in bulk. And lately i'm very nervous, depressive with bad mood so i was pulling my hair like some trico people do.

Now i'm better and recovering it though i'm using a shampoo to control dermatitis i have and lose hair because of it.

But my temples are more filled with tiny hairs that clearly are growing like other hair i have. So i think OS is working.

I'm recovering myself and hope that things get better and gain hair that i lost.

I'm taking 50 mg which is low. But my plans are to increase the dose to 100mg which is the minimum to take great effect.

Did you had any side-effects?