Oral spironolactone: What are the risks for a low dosage?

G

I am thinking about adding Oral spironolactone to my regimen. I would probably start with a low dosage (like 50mg). What are the side effects I have to face at this dosage? Are they reversible? Thank you in Advance!

BALD IS BEAUTIFUL

Established Member
Reaction score
Taugenichts said:
I am thinking about adding Oral spironolactone to my regimen. I would probably start with a low dosage (like 50mg). What are the side effects I have to face at this dosage? Are they reversible? Thank you in Advance!
i am on spironolactone for 4 months and only experience low ejaculation .

chino20

Established Member
Reaction score
bald is beautiful, I looked at your story and those are some awesome results! Do you take both oral spironolactone and finasteride? I'm considering spironolactone too

BALD IS BEAUTIFUL

Established Member
Reaction score
chino20 said:
bald is beautiful, I looked at your story and those are some awesome results! Do you take both oral spironolactone and finasteride? I'm considering spironolactone too
yes i am taking both.

IBM

Reaction score
I'm also thinking in taking oral spironolactone? Do you know any irreversible side effect of long term oral spironolactone regimen?

BALD IS BEAUTIFUL

Established Member
Reaction score
IBM said:
I'm also thinking in taking oral spironolactone? Do you know any irreversible side effect of long term oral spironolactone regimen?
initially i started 100 mg without consulting any doctor but after four weeks of spironolactone use my Doctor told me to stick to 25 mg for atleast 2 weeks and then increase it to 50 mg.On this low dose i have not experienced any irreversible side effect but you will experience low ejaculation .I also found out that if you stop taking spironolactone for one week the ejaculation become normal.

G

Yeah, it is really strange, everybody is talking about how terrible Oral spironolactone and dutasteride are compared to finasteride, but I don´t remember anyone getting sides from them. Yet, everybody is whining about how finasteride gave him sides. Of course, there are many more people on finasteride but it is strange nevertheless....

CCS

Reaction score
don't even take that stuff. What do you expect it to do? Explain what biochemistry you think will happen. Or are you just basing this on sock's success story?

G

Basically I am expecting oral spironolactone to save my life. My hairline looks so terrible and it makes me really feel suicidal. I see no further use of living on this planet with this hairline. i don´t know much biochemistry so can´t explain what exactly OS is doing, but all I see are these people with great hair on OS. That´s why I am planning to add it to my regimen. I can´t deal with hair loss anymore. :cry:

Newbaldy84

Established Member
Reaction score
Desperate times call for desperate measures.
If you gave finasteride fair shot why don't your try duta? There are lots of other options and if everything else fails than go with oral spironolactone but I would advice not to go this road.

chino20

Established Member
Reaction score
College why are you so against oral spironolactone? I'd expect less dht to bind to hair follicles with oral spironolactone and finasteride than finasteride alone...

BALD IS BEAUTIFUL

Established Member
Reaction score
chino20 said:
College why are you so against oral spironolactone? I'd expect less dht to bind to hair follicles with oral spironolactone and finasteride than finasteride alone...
why college why ?

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
an interesting topic. Any reasons for you being so against spironolactone?