Oral spironolactone

christypat

Reaction score
Hi,

Have any of you tried oral spironolactone to stop/reverse hair loss?
Any results? Side effects

Thanks,

CP

Pyro

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey christypat and welcome to the forum!

If you didn't get side effects from oral spironolactone, i'd be very surprised, so i'd recommend not taking it like that. It's up to you ofcourse. Topical spironolactone is probably the safer option.

setala

Reaction score
Welcome to HairLossTalk.com.
Put shortly, guys took spironolactone pill ended up getting boobies within few weeks.
:sobbing: :sobbing:
Most of people use it topically, to minimize the systematic absorption..

christypat

Reaction score
Thank you all for such a warm welcome. Isn't the Internet age great for things like this. I remember the sense of fear and embarrassment I had at 21 to be losing my hair and feeling I was the only one in the world.

Is topical spironolactone available? Is it meant to be any good?

CP

Cassin

Reaction score
christypat said:
Thank you all for such a warm welcome. Isn't the Internet age great for things like this. I remember the sense of fear and embarrassment I had at 21 to be losing my hair and feeling I was the only one in the world.

Is topical spironolactone available? Is it meant to be any good?

CP

yes a lot of guys use it who do not want to mess with propecia. It does work but it requires consistent and vigilant use.

BloodyWELL

Reaction score
I have seborrheic dermatitis, lose hair, and thinning occurs. Oily head skin causes this illness.

A kind of fungus causes hair loss, and ketoconazole kills it.

I asked all of my questions to a doctor. He said that there is no health danger in using 1% Ketoconazole water (3 tablets Fungoral + 60 ml distilled water) as applying to head skin by a narrow tipped bottle after shower every day.

But Ketoconazole didn't solved in water so I solved it in 1 spoon of Glycerine, and add 50 ml water.

This diminished oil.

I learned a trick too. If you put a lid of a 50 ml pine-turpentine bottle of Pine Turpentine -not much- into 200 ml shampoo, wash your hair and leave it in your hair for 5 minutes, it diminishes oil, and reduces hair loss, makes you have healthy and shiny hair. Also it makes you and others feel as if you are living in a pine forest with its scent :) Do not touch this mixed shampoo onto other parts of your body, if you do not want any unwanted hair on unwanted body parts. Do not use Pine Turpentine if you have open wound.

Also if you put 1 spoon of Glycerine into shampoo, your hair will be quite soft. You can also put glycerine into hair dye.

Glycerine moisturizes hair, makes soft and shiny, increases the quality of hair. For this result, there are two application forms:

1. After you wash your hair, dry your hair using just towel. Then rub pure Glycerien onto your hair not to head skin, and make the hair absorb the glycerine. Then let your hair dry naturally. Do not use hair-dryer. In this way, Glycerine makes your hair absorb all the water. The result is healthy, shiny and good quality hair.
If you have sinusitis, then dry just the bottom of your hair, and then do the same application above. If you have short hair, do not apply it in this way, apply it as in the second way.

2. Put 50 cc glycerine and 20 cc clean water into a clean spray bottle. After you clean your hair and dry, spray this solution onto your hair not to the bottom of your hair. Then let it dry naturally.

When your hair is wet, Glycerine makes you feel as if it oiled your hair. Also it makes your hair dry in a long time. So apply glycerine before sleeping. It'll dry till you wake up. You'll be amazed by the result. You'll feel as if you are in love with your hair. You'll be so happy.