Orange hair. I hate it.

J.Harrison

Reaction score
I have really orange hair and have died it brown since I was 15. Besides the fact I'm (very!) slowly losing it, I have really come to hate my hair color --

A female w/this hair color is a "hawt nympho", but a guy with this hair color is a "ginger", and needs to be assaulted post-haste due to silly internet pop-culture crap.

Just sayin'. :mad:

- - - Updated - - -

Just to reinforce this:

If you do a Google image search for "orange hair", you'll find page after page of photos (really, like hundreds) of "trendy" females, with the oddball photo of an emo, or the Colorado "Batman" theater shooter, or like a hard-core D&D/role-player (all with obviously died hair -- thanks guys.).

Reaction score
I've actually given this a fair amount of thought, even though I'm not redheaded. It's interesting that a simple trait like hair color is favorable for girls but the opposite for guys. Like any other aspect of your look, I say just own it man. I have sort of a big schnoz, but you just learn to accept who you are. If you show insecurity (say, a girl can see your roots are red but your hair is otherwise brown), they'll see it as weakness. Just like guys who try to hide that they're balding by faux hawking their hair, but it's still see-through. There was actually an interesting study I read where women found men with hair the most attractive aesthetically, balding men were the most attractive in regards to masculinity, and the guys with thinned out hair were perceived the worst across the board.

Personally, I was given dark brown hair and thick facial hair which I've always been fond of. Now the hair on my head is turning golden and dropping from my head. Bummer. I'll definitely be rocking my dark facial hair as long as I'm going bald. Also, if my hair thins out much more, It's going to get buzzed off.

J.Harrison

Reaction score
I hear you.

My hair color is really like Donald Trump orange -- maybe even a little more orange (probably more on the "red" side). I guess I've been freaking out since Bill Maher compared it to an Orange Orangutang.

Really, my hair quality/texture, etc. is pretty good. Still a Norwood 2 (if that) -- definitely not a Donald trifold-combover.

I just f*cking hate it. I wish it was solid brown or black.

Reaction score
Look for the positive things. Bill Maher is a giant douche, forget what he thinks. He's no better than Donal Trump; they're both paid to be provocative and committed to political agenda (regardless if they both make money other ways as well).

You gotta learn to love yourself, and you gotta mean it. (most) Girls care a hell of a lot more about your confidence than your hair color.