Osteoscreen's OSH-101 has to be dead...

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm calling it. Date of death: 15 September 2004. We haven't heard anything from them in a long time, and I believe their phase I trials have been going on for 2 years now. Bullshit!

I read an article the other day on this site while searching for the propecia twins article. This one was about a company in the UK whose hair loss product trials failed. They simply admitted that it was a bust, and canceled the trials. They took a hit in the stock market too, I believe. They actually owned up to it!! That is so respectable, and all too rare in this day and age. I think Osteoscreen should follow suit. But instead they'll keep us guessing for a few more years.

Bismarck

Reaction score
There are some who ordered PSI and are going to try it on their own. If PSI fails theres only tß4 left as a potential new treatment.

Bismarck

Reaction score
HairlossTalk said:
Go figure. And just like Zix. And just like FNS. And just like Zinc Oxide. And just like Waseda's Formula. And just like MY WEINER. And Just like etc etc etc etc.
HairLossTalk.com

Bad comparison. There is some convincing scientific background concerning PSI in contrast to Zix for example.

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
elguapo, did you even read this post in the unproven section? If the content is true, Phase 1 is complete, and they might be moving to Phase 2. Granted this was posted in July, but these things take time.

I'm not counting this stuff out yet.

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bismark, how do you know this? And why can't they update their website to say this? =)

Thanks.

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My only point was that I've heard nothing about advancement to Phase II trials. WTF is taking so long, if it is as great as advertized on their site?

Bismarck

Reaction score
The problem is that no company will start the approval process if their product is not significantly better than Propecia / Rogaine. Dutasteride is a good example.

bis

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Another good point. But the difference might be that dutasteride and finasteride perform alike, whereas hopefully other drugs that might be developed in the future will be able to treat male pattern baldness from another angle, much like minoxidil and finasteride do. I wouldn't mind adding yet another treatment to the coctail, if it would significantly help.

Bismarck

Reaction score
I agree. This is of interest for educated hair loss sufferers. But if Propecia and Rogaine remain the 2 best treatments not very much people would add OSH especially if its very costly.
If it doesn't prove to regrow much more hair than minoxidil Osteoscreen will never try to launch it. Hopefully we will know more about its effectiveness when the private user group at alopezie.de is reporting about the results.

bis

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bismarck said:
Hopefully we will know more about its effectiveness when the private user group at alopezie.de is reporting about the results.

bis
And hopefully you'll be kind enough to translate when they do. :wink:

G

Why do you care about topicals. The solution won´t come from topicals. Look at how much money is poured into anti wrinkage cream - do you see any improvement? it´s just different ways of hiding the wrinkles.

Solution will be Stemcells, planted with needles and from them will come brand new hair.

Topicals is just boring. I can´t even bringmyself to using minoxidil once a day a anymore.

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
nesta said:
Why do you care about topicals. The solution won´t come from topicals.
What, are you Nostradamus? Topicals have been proven to be effective. There probably wont be a topical cure in our lifetime, but there could be a topical treatment that would carry us through our lives.

Bismarck

Reaction score
nesta said:
Solution will be Stemcells, planted with needles and from them will come brand new hair.
Topicals is just boring. I can´t even bringmyself to using minoxidil once a day a anymore.

And when will the stemcell therapy be available? Could you afford it?

bis

PS: nothing is boring that helps regrowing hair

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score

bombscience

Reaction score
Right now there are some treatments that are showing promise, but will probably show to be so overly effective that they will replace the standards of finasteride and minoxidil. What are your feelings on the reality of other treatments becoming consumer hairloss products...

OSH?
RU?
Fluridil?
Dutasteride?

G

flux said:
nesta said:
Why do you care about topicals. The solution won´t come from topicals.
What, are you Nostradamus? Topicals have been proven to be effective. There probably wont be a topical cure in our lifetime, but there could be a topical treatment that would carry us through our lives.

With topicals you are looking for an agent that reverses celldeath - good luck!

viperfish

Reaction score
I thought RU and Fluridil were going to be really promising, but now I'm kinda doubting it. I'm hearing alot of negatives about the two, but I guess that does not really matter because many people put down finasteride and we all know how effective that is. I would love to try fluridil, but they put so much damn alcohol in it that it just can't be good for the hair. I think it is like 90+% alcohol. They need a better transport system! I wish also that it would become available in the USA so I would not have to purchase it through a different country. Don't really wanna do that.