outlaws story? extremely worried

outlawxx

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I'm 16 years old and 5 months and i think i have a receding hairline...
my parents don't believe and just say " no you don't that won't happen till you're 30" even my girl friend won't believe me it's terrible. I could be just crazy though? that's why i came here! because i want to know if i do have a receding hairline.

my maternal grandfather had a full head of hair when he died.. but my paternal grandfather went bald
my dad's dad went bald and my dad is going bald.

So I guess I'll show some pictures now. I really hope I'm just not being crazy

Right side of my head
yyy003.jpg

another of my right side
yyy004.jpg

front of my head?
yyy005.jpg

left side
yyy006.jpg

and another left side

yyy008.jpg

Now i really hope someone can help me... I'm only a high school sophomore
oh! also i've lost like about 35 pounds this year? around

hugeleap

Reaction score
Maybe a little tiny bit, but it's hard to tell without seeing pictures of your hairline when you were younger. You might just naturally have a mature hairline. At 17-18 is when I saw some thinning/recession so I know it's possible, I'm just not sure about your situation as everybody is different. You shouldn't be taking finasteride at your age... it could negatively affect your development. If you really find it necessary then you might want to try rogaine foam or something but you're 16 and rogaine is meant to be used for your whole life. Maybe start using some ketoconazole shampoo every few days and see if that helps. But quite honestly If your family and girlfriend sees no problem, you're most likely okay.