Over the years: My journey in pics

oye_rg

Established Member
Reaction score
I was going through my photo album and thought of posting a new type of thread. I will take you on my hair loss journey over the last 9 years (without any treatment), by adding pictures from over the years. I only started treatment from March this year (2015).

This might encourage others to not wait too long.

Here's the start. Picture from Sep 2006 and another from Feb 2015 (note the 2015 pic included use of mascara on the 'barely there' hair in bald areas :)).

Watch this space for pics from intervening years

Sep2006.jpgFeb2015.jpg

NigelART

Reaction score
I was going through my photo album and thought of posting a new type of thread. I will take you on my hair loss journey over the last 9 years (without any treatment), by adding pictures from over the years. I only started treatment from March this year (2015).

Here's the start. Picture from Sep 2006 and another from Feb 2015 (note the 2015 pic included use of mascara on the 'barely there' hair in bald areas :)).

View attachment 36105View attachment 36106

what treatment do u use ?

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
How old are you? Damn bro, some serious loss there. At least a transplant and medication may give you some hair. You lost your hair quite quickly. But still slower and later than some of the ultra aggressive guys on here.

FBaldy

Reaction score
Brave man to post those pictures but yeah the entire key to hair loss is to start early or even before the hair loss starts.

Are you in London, UK may I ask ? one pic looks familiar !

I have pretty much a similar hair line and hair loss but have had minoxidil+finasteride on and off over the past 10 years, but as an Indian with black hair and brown skin it is just a cruel combination as I am sure your only too familiar with !

I think with some minoxidil liquid massaging it into the top scalp and at the back and along with finasteride you may recoup some hair, but your hair line is similar to mine it may be easier just to get 2-3 hair transplants and starting once your hair line is better looking.

Wild guess but that 2nd picture of yourself are you in your mid to late 30s ?

oye_rg

Established Member
Reaction score
Brave man to post those pictures but yeah the entire key to hair loss is to start early or even before the hair loss starts.

Are you in London, UK may I ask ? one pic looks familiar !

Good spot...eagle eye. Yes that is BA waterside at Heathrow.

- - - Updated - - -

Wild guess but that 2nd picture of yourself are you in your mid to late 30s ?

And yes I am 38 years old.

- - - Updated - - -

How old are you? Damn bro, some serious loss there. At least a transplant and medication may give you some hair. You lost your hair quite quickly. But still slower and later than some of the ultra aggressive guys on here.

Thanks mate. However, my hair loss never affected me and it does not now so am never gonna do a transplant. Been through that age, I can totally relate with anyone who has hair loss in the teens or 20's. I am beyond all that now and everyone who matters (including myself) likes me the way i look.

Its hard to explain why I am doing the treatment now. Think of it as a hobby or a game which keeps me occupied and gives a kind of challenge.

Plus I would never have been on this interesting forum talking to great guys like you if I were not doing it...isn't it :)

If I go back in time, would I start treatment earlier? Yes
Given a chance, and without surgery or any sides, to have hair back would I want it? Yes
Would I look better with hair? Most definitely yes
Do I regret not doing treatment earlier? Slightly
Am I gutted? Absolutely not
Am I confident and comfortable with my looks? Yes

- - - Updated - - -

what treatment do u use ?

finasteride 1.25 daily, Min 5% 1 ml twice daily, Keto 1% (Regenepure DR) daily.
+ oil massage once a week

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
I understand you perfectly oye. I still think you shouldn't rule out surgery. Okay you're pretty comfortable with your hair loss and treatment is more like an experiment. If it goes well, it does, if it doesn't, that's it, no problem. I think you should also have that attitude to surgery, that is all :xmas:

Thanks for the share. I wish you well and will follow you on here. Glad you like the community on HairLossTalk.com.

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score

View attachment 36105View attachment 36106

Thank you for sharing your story oye_rg. :)

From the pics you provided, you have gone through extensive hair loss. It looks like you're at a Norwood 5 stage of hair loss. What do you plan on doing, and what would you like to do about it?

oye_rg

Established Member
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing your story oye_rg. :)

From the pics you provided, you have gone through extensive hair loss. It looks like you're at a Norwood 5 stage of hair loss. What do you plan on doing, and what would you like to do about it?

Closer to NW6 i think. I am doing the big 3 since 8 months. Baseline for starting treatment is the Feb2015 pic

- - - Updated - - -

I understand you perfectly oye. I still think you shouldn't rule out surgery. Okay you're pretty comfortable with your hair loss and treatment is more like an experiment. If it goes well, it does, if it doesn't, that's it, no problem. I think you should also have that attitude to surgery, that is all :xmas:

Thanks for the share. I wish you well and will follow you on here. Glad you like the community on HairLossTalk.com.

Hi Wolf. I appreciate what you are saying. I might consider surgery once I reach a plateau with my big3 but chances are I will be in my 40s by then and be even less motivated about hair.
May I ask how old you are? I am 38. At this age a good majority of people are so mis-shaped that even if you are bald but fit and have decent looks you end up scoring over them on the attractiveness scale. People who matter are more interested in your nature and inner self than looks. For mid age+, hair matters v less you just need to be well groomed, fit, good person and a sense of humour.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, here's the veil off.

Before start of treatment (mugshot i know :))
Jan2015.jpg

6 months results with big3
Aug2015_6months.jpg

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Obviously it's hard to tell if there is any real improvement because of how short you had your hair.... I honestly do expect some ok results. Using the big three could really actually give some hair, enough perhaps people don't label you as being bald...Lets see what it looks like 6 months from now. Then maybe consider hair transplant if you really want to.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Wolf. I appreciate what you are saying. I might consider surgery once I reach a plateau with my big3 but chances are I will be in my 40s by then and be even less motivated about hair.
May I ask how old you are? I am 38. At this age a good majority of people are so mis-shaped that even if you are bald but fit and have decent looks you end up scoring over them on the attractiveness scale. People who matter are more interested in your nature and inner self than looks. For mid age+, hair matters v less you just need to be well groomed, fit, good person and a sense of humour.

It's good you might consider surgery. Give the big 3 a little longer, it seems like you will get some improvement. I have just turned 30 but still look like I am in my mid 20s. I am a Norwood 2.5-3. I hear what you're saying but for me I want to age well and baldness is an issue. I know it's the inside that matters. But I have always been complemented to some extent on my looks so I have a desire to age well, that's how I see it mentally. A premature end of this would not be nice. Like when I see a handsome middle aged man with salt and pepper hair, I identify with that. Not saying I am good looking as him but I think you understand what I am saying.

It's not like baldness or a buzz cut would change my face, but I would rather keep a hairstyle.

I could definitely accept it at 50 plus. I know losing hair for some people is tough at any time but losing it early is a disaster (for me). Seems like you had enough hair all throughout your 20s so that was good too.

I like your attitude and courage. What you say about being fit, well groomed also holds true. At least we have reasonable/good treatment options.

oye_rg

Established Member
Reaction score

I know it's the inside that matters. But I have always been complemented to some extent on my looks so I have a desire to age well, that's how I see it mentally.

You have a great attitude. I am sure you will have a smashing middle age and beyond.
I think just like you..happy as I am but if it can stay/become better than why not what's the harm in trying?

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
We need more posters like Oye.
As a literally mature, intelligent man who is apparently "well adjusted" to his aggressive male pattern baldness state,
I've no doubt you will contributes a unique and complementary perspective to HTL.
Welcome Oye

F2005

Established Member
Reaction score
Oye, I respect your words because you practice what you preach. That is why you are not a hypocrite. I can see your attitude with treating the minoxidil and finasteride treatment as some type of experiment but having a hair transplant is far different in that some of the risks associated with it (the scarring, the need for more surgeries) have permanent effects. An hair transplant is not something that should be entered into lightly.

oye_rg

Established Member
Reaction score
We need more posters like Oye.
As a literally mature, intelligent man who is apparently "well adjusted" to his aggressive male pattern baldness state,
I've no doubt you will contributes a unique and complementary perspective to HTL.
Welcome Oye
Thanks walker. I did feel the same that this forum mainly has 20 yrs guys who rightly are worried about any hair loss. I hope I can bring a different perspective alleviating some fear and anxiety... And actually helping with their hair loss as stress is definitely a contributing factor.

FBaldy

Reaction score
Quite the opposite from myself am closing to my 40s also but I would say NW4-5 easily I fully regret not starting the big 3 or even minoxidil+finasteride @ 20, I am positive I would have had kept most of my hair or even half of it.

But having said that life does go on regardless you do have to make it the best you can and I have my good health for a positive outlook just like yourself mentioned.

I would still agree with wolf, a hair transplant is still on the table we have seen guys before go from NW4-5 back to NW2-3 or even NW1-2 with 2-3 treatments, with hair at least the big 3 has something to work with. Still its a long shot and perhaps an experiment so trying it at least one can see if it works.

oye_rg

Established Member
Reaction score
Quite the opposite from myself am closing to my 40s also but I would say NW4-5 easily I fully regret not starting the big 3 or even minoxidil+finasteride @ 20, I am positive I would have had kept most of my hair or even half of it.

But having said that life does go on regardless you do have to make it the best you can and I have my good health for a positive outlook just like yourself mentioned.

I would still agree with wolf, a hair transplant is still on the table we have seen guys before go from NW4-5 back to NW2-3 or even NW1-2 with 2-3 treatments, with hair at least the big 3 has something to work with. Still its a long shot and perhaps an experiment so trying it at least one can see if it works.

I tend to agree with you. I will think about hair transplant once I have no more benefits from the Big 3.

The advantage of late hair transplant are many. The methods and techniques are becoming better and better. The longer you wait chances are there will be new findings, research and techniques. E.g. we have FUE now.

Salman Khan (google it for anyone who doesn't know him) had a botched FUT in 2003 at an Indian clinic which went so bad he had to give up and shave. Then in 2007 he had a FUE in Dubai and look at the results.