Ozzy's Story - (48)

Ozzy27

Reaction score
Hello all.....I have been experiencing a receding hairline for years now. I am 48 and have thinning also. I am totally confused on what to start with.....either Avodart , propecia or proscar??? Someone please help me make a sound decision.
I have never used any type of shampoo or topical cream to help with this.
What should I do fella's
Thanks
Peace Oz

amsch

Reaction score
Re: Ozzy's story

Ozzy27 said:
Hello all.....I have been experiencing a receding hairline for years now. I am 48 and have thinning also. I am totally confused on what to start with.....either Avodart , propecia or proscar??? Someone please help me make a sound decision.
I have never used any type of shampoo or topical cream to help with this.
What should I do fella's
Thanks
Peace Oz
Hey there!

First of all, you're lucky. Not really, but if you consider many guys here started balding before 20 (like me), you're kind of lucky! lol

get a prescription for proscar and divide it into 5 pieces. You'll be fine!

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
Amsch is totally right. Get Proscar which is 5 mg of Finasteride, quarter it and take one piece per day. I would recommend posting pictures here to get a baseline started so you can compare down the road when the treatments take effect and you will also get alot more responses. What alot of guys do is start what is called the Big 3.

Finasteride 1mg per day (Proscar/Propecia)
Minoxidil 5% (twice per day)
Nizoral Shampoo (used 3 times per week

Give these at least a year before evalutaing . I too did not start losing hair until later (34 and now I am turning 38) and had great success in maintaining as well as regrowing hair. Be patient and good luck!!

Welcome to HairLossTalk.com!

Ozzy27

Reaction score
Thank you for replying. Proscar comes in 5mg....right? So split that the best I can into 5 pieces? Ok
Thanks

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
Yes, Proscar is 5 mgs and do not worry if the pieces are exact. Just divide them the best you can and it will be fine. Also check out our Success Story forum and see the pictures of responders and what they took to get success too.

Ozzy27

Reaction score
Ok...thanks guys! I'm not all that great with a computer and I will try and use my cell phone to take pics then down load them from MyT-Mobile website.
Thanks again

Ozzy27

Reaction score
PropeciaJunkie said:
Finasteride 1mg per day (Proscar/Propecia)
Minoxidil 5% (twice per day)
Nizoral Shampoo (used 3 times per week
Welcome to HairLossTalk.com!

Is this in a cream form or a oral pill form?

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score
proscar is a pill of 5mg of finasteride

alot of people including myself use proscar to cut the cost of their regiment

i find it difficult to cut them into 5 pieces so i just cut them in 4ths
you need to quarter them and take one every day for life for optimum results

its extremely important to take accurate baseline pics so you can chart and record your progress

good luck and welcome to HairLossTalk.com