Pak`s awfull story - (! A cute guy becoming ugly :()

Pak

Reaction score
Hy guys,

Let me share my story.

Im a 18 years boy , and im living the biggest nightmare of my life... my hair is getting weaker and weaker daily ; I had a normal hair... i cant say that was brushy, but a nice hair very strong and also blonde.

9 months ago i started an accutane course for acne, and in the 2nd month i went to my derm and told him: Hey mister i have a terrible hair loss, my hair is falling like hell( around 100 every shower), and he told me ... hmm... NO PROBLEM! It will come back in the 4th or 5th month.

OK.. i listened to him... and in the 6th month when i finished the treatment i came back to him . He was really surprised to notice how weak became my hair and he gave me something called Hairgrow that contains Minoxidil 2%. And also told me that in 2 months the accutane side effect will disappear and my hair will come back to normal.

Im in the 9th month and nothing happened ... my hair is not falling anymore but is so weak that you cant imagine.
I even started to have in the back front of my head a sign of baldness(the hair is very rare).. and the temples OK but also the hair is very weak as well.

In the front side also very rare!

What can i do? I have only 18 years and my hair is looking bad.
I have to mention that my dad is bald , also my grandfather .. so i think male pattern baldness its a factor here!

I red alot about propecia , nizoral... but I DONT KNOW what shud i take becoz i can have another side effects with those if i dont take the correct one becoz im not bald .. just that my hair is very weak and is getting worse day by day! And I DONT WANT to go to that stupid derm again!

And also what are the side effects of these medicine? I cant loose more hair or something like this? Becoz from what i saw here some guys told that Propecia didnt really worked and made their hairline worse?

Can u recommand me a treatment .. a regimen that might work?

Thanks alot guys... my camera is not woking i dont know why... when it will be OK ill put some photos also!

BUELLMAN

Reaction score
dont worry

Atleast its not male pattern baldness and Im sure will only be temp. Give it time i dont think propecia will help unless it is male pattern baldness. Hair can take a long time to grow back be patient man it will return,

Pak

Reaction score
It could be male pattern baldness becoz i told you my dad and my grand are bald also... and this accutane could faster the process.

Im waiting for your advices guys!

Pak

Reaction score
yes.. right now im doing some researches about finasteride .. and i see some guys saying that with propecia their situation got worse. Is there anyway to have a massive hairloss during propecia? Finpecia is the same thing with propecia?

Also... propecia , finpecia could create damages if i dont suffer of exact male pattern baldness and my hair is falling becoz of accutane?

The combination that i would like to try if ill have the green spot regarding finasteride is The big 3. Could you think is a good idea?

Sorry for so many questions but i dont wanna make a mistake that could affect my life!

G

That "dermatologist" is a jerk. Even I know that accutane can cause PERMANENT hairloss and trigger male pattern baldness! And then that snake oil sh*t......Thanks god we have the Internet. Get on Finasteride!!!

Mop Top

Reaction score
I can't believe you guys are telling an 18 year old to get on drugs that tamper with his hormones... Wow, and for what? Hair?

G

Mop Top said:
I can't believe you guys are telling an 18 year old to get on drugs that tamper with his hormones... Wow, and for what? Hair?

:roll:

yeah, maybe he should stop eating as well with all that food pumped full of hormones......

Itsonlyinmyhead

Established Member
Reaction score
At your age I would say balance your diet, maybe see a nutrionist, cut out all the crap that you eat. Also maybe use Nizoral to make your scalp healthier as you might have some kind of infection by the sounds of it(dont quote me on this as Im not a doctor). Research the treatments but dont start taking them at your age

p.s. post some pics

Itsonlyinmyhead

Established Member
Reaction score
Ive just looked up accutane and it is the same thing as Roaccutane that I took so yes it has caused the hairloss but it would of happened anyways due to your genetics. I got hairloss, receeding mainly, the thinning wasnt bad at all. But most of mine grew back to a NW2 after 1/2 year. That medication is harsh stuff but at least you wont really bad scars from acne that you might of had if you didnt take the stuff

Itsonlyinmyhead

Established Member
Reaction score
Just another quick one from Wikipedia

Increasingly higher dosages will result in higher toxicity, resembling vitamin A toxicity. Adverse drug reactions associated with isotretinoin therapy include:[5]

* Common: mild acne flare, dryness of skin, lips and mucous membranes, infection of the cuticles, cheilitis, itch, skin fragility, skin peeling, rash, flushing, photosensitivity, nose bleeds, dry eyes, eye irritation, conjunctivitis, reduced tolerance to contact lenses, hyperlipidaemia, raised liver enzymes, headaches, hair thinning, myalgia and/or arthralgia.
* Infrequent: severe acne flare, raised blood glucose level, increased erythrocyte sedimentation rate, fatigue.
* Rare: impaired night vision, cataracts, optic neuritis, menstrual disturbances, inflammatory bowel disease, pancreatitis, hepatitis, corneal opacities, papilloedema, idiopathic intracranial hypertension, skeletal hyperostosis, extraosseous calcification, and it is believed that severe depression can occur, although there is no conclusive evidence for this.

The following adverse effects have been reported to persist, even after discontinuing therapy: alopecia (hair loss), arthralgias, decreased night vision, degenerative disc disease, keloids, bone disease. High dosages of isotretinoin have been reported to cause rosacea (a disease of severe facial skin redness and irritation).

While vitamin E supplements have been advocated by some to reduce the toxicity of high-dose retinoids without reducing drug efficacy, test results have proven this to be false.[12]

Patients receiving isotretinoin therapy are not permitted to donate blood during and for at least one month after discontinuation of isotretinoin therapy due to reported birth defects to unborn children.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
Mop Top said:

Hair might be very important to him. Propecia is safe for an 18 yrs old.