Pantothenic acid (Also known as vitamin B5)

Obsidian

Reaction score
My face along with my scalp has been very oily and I am desperate to try and decrease it. Most of the shampoos I have used (Nizoral, Tea Tree Oil, T/SAL And T/Gel) have not worked, I tried apple cider vinegar recently and it actually made the sebum on my scalp quite worse.

Well before this happened, I remember I was on 4 mg of Biotin a day along with two Omega 3 fish oil capsules and one green tea extract pill. Then I discontinued it a couple of weeks before going into the hospital due to me thinking the finasteride was working.

Anyway, has some of you have read my story I am particularly oily in the face and scalp and I have Pantothenic acid in big doses can help. Yes I have read the stories of it causing more hairloss but I willing to risk it. I figure what I do is start at 500mg a day and then slowly increase to 1000-1500-2000 to see if my skin clears up.

Anyone have anything to say on this idea?

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i have oily skin somewhat and when I had to go into the hospital I couldnt wash my face for a while coz I was laid out in bed recovering. It sucked as I could feel my face was oily.

Did you experience that?

I think you could start off a little more aggressive than 500mg.

I have tried B5 and I cant say it much.