Paradyne's Story - (26 ) Updated with Pics!

Paradyne

Reaction score
Ok so I started to notice about a year and half ago that my temples were getting thinner and thinner but I didn't really think any thing of it because of how slow it was happening. But around August/September of 08 I really started to notice it and decided to look into what could be done.....thats when I found this site. So I researched and found about the big 3 and made a appointment with a dermatologist and she got me on Propecia on 10/01/08. Started taking that for a month and then I got on Rogaine foam and the nizoral Shampoo on about 11/01/08. I take one pill of Propecia a day every morning, apply the Rogaine foam once a day to my temples and use the nizoral shampoo once a week.

So now here I am 6 months later and all my hair has done is get worse. Now granted I had a lot of shed the first 4-5 months but in the last 2 I have had almost no shed. But I have no regrowth.....my hairline and temples have receeded faster then when I was off of all this stuff. Now I do have a bunch of peach fuzz where my hair used to be and not so strong hairs did grow back but only in the places that i feel the rogaine destroyed to begin with. I have not maintained or gained any new hairs. So what does everyone suggest I do? Keep going? Quit completely? Just stop the rogaine and keep the other 2? Its very frustrating spending all this money and getting no results.

Here are some pics to clarify my story....

19-22 years old

bc699d6d.jpg

Picture134.jpg

messyhair01.jpg

messyhair2.jpg

24 years old

06_10_07_2005a.jpg

06_16_07_1655a.jpg

scan_086.jpg

zomgnewpic.jpg

25 years old - 6 months before I went on the big 3

06-30-08.jpg

And now 6 months after starting on the big 3

03-23-09_1912.jpg

03-23-09_1919.jpg

I know these aren't the best pics but they are better then nothing.

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: Paradyne's Story - 26 Male

It would be very helpful to see some pics.

For some people it can take way longer than 6 months.

For me, I shedded on propecia until about 4 months at which point the shedding stopped. At about 6-8 months it had mostly come back, and by 12 months I was above base line.

If it were me, I'd drop the nizoral, I've never really been a fan of that stuff.

Something like 85%+ of finasteride users maintain, so the odds are good.

Are you taking genuine propecia? Every day at the same time? How do you apply the foam?

I'd say stick with this regimen for at least a full year before quitting. After all, even if it doesn't work for you, it's better to have tried and fail then to wonder.

Paradyne

Reaction score
Re: Paradyne's Story - 26 Male

treeshrew said:
It would be very helpful to see some pics.

For some people it can take way longer than 6 months.

For me, I shedded on propecia until about 4 months at which point the shedding stopped. At about 6-8 months it had mostly come back, and by 12 months I was above base line.

If it were me, I'd drop the nizoral, I've never really been a fan of that stuff.

Something like 85%+ of finasteride users maintain, so the odds are good.

Are you taking genuine propecia? Every day at the same time? How do you apply the foam?

I'd say stick with this regimen for at least a full year before quitting. After all, even if it doesn't work for you, it's better to have tried and fail then to wonder.

I'll try to get some pics up as soon as I can.

The thing is my hair has done nothing but get worse......I keep loosing my temples and hairline. I do get some regrowth back but thats in areas where I had a full set of hair to begin with but now it comes back just a little bit at a time. Thats mostly just the top front hairline.....the temples have never improved and continue to get worse.

And yes i'm pretty sure its the genuine propecia...the little orange pill with the "P" on it....at least I would hope its the real stuff because my insurance doesn't cover it and paying $60 a month is a b**ch.

Flavio

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Paradyne's Story - (26 )

Paradyne said:
[...] So what does everyone suggest I do? Keep going? Quit completely? Just stop the rogaine and keep the other 2? Its very frustrating spending all this money and getting no results.

Keep going, definitely! It's still too early to see any results, give it at least twelve months.

If money is a big problem, buy Proscar and cut it into 4ths.

Like the other guy said, 'never give up, never surrender'. Good luck!

Paradyne

Reaction score
Ok I updated with pics......

My biggest thing is I'm not maintaining or staying at baseline at all......it just seems to be getting worse and worse with no visible signs of improvement....