Paramounts Story (22/M)

Reaction score
Thought I'd start one of these threds as been giving and seeking sporadic info all over the place.

Started to notice something was up in november with minor thinning, which in the frontal area has since gone from only noticable close up to very noticable.
Temples receding too but only at a slow and reasonable pace, as far as I can tell everywhere else not noticable yet.

It's in the family but father had thinned vertex and receding frontal area, at nearly 60 he's still got that bit on top.

I have already got major appearance issues (all in my head...then something real turns up!) so my strategy is to try to stop caring about this at all while still taking the steps to improve the situation (thus if I get nothing at all out of it then I won't be as dissapointed)

Havint cut my hair since I found out what was happening, which has made it look straggly and unkempt, getting it cut 2morrow and terrified will make it more noticable, tho only getting a "tidy up" not a buzzcut or anything close.

Starting my "big three" regimin next week but have some questions.

1. Can your local GP (local Doctor in local health centre) proscribe Propecia or does a dermatoligist have to do it?

2. Whats this I been hearing about the other medication that propecia was meant for, for treating prostate enlargment, been hearing people say you can get a pill cutter and you get more for the same price? can anyone expand on this?

3. I saw a link to where you get Rogaine Foam online as it's not avalable in the UK or Ireland, but lost link does anyone else know where to get it?

4. Would three times a week be enough to use nizorol?

Itsonlyinmyhead

Established Member
Reaction score
Propecia/proscar can be got through your doctor or an online pharmacy. I cant remember the name of the one that I used but it took 13 days, they said wait for upto 2 weeks.

Id say go and see the doctor though, just check yourself out