Paul "bonehead" Arthurs In Oasis's Heyday

MorningGlory

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What must it have been like for Bonehead? On the one hand, being Oasis's rhythm guitarist in their prime must have been great. On the other hand, he contrasted badly with lead singer Liam Gallagher, who had some of the greatest hair in rock music. Arthurs even had a nickname which reflected that fact.
IMG_1550.JPG

IggyPop

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

MorningGlory

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hard to tell, but I respect the Gallaghers for keeping him in their band and not fire him, because he might have been too uncool for them. Btw. Liam has started balding badly and guess what is Noel´s biggest fear? Going bald......

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/noel-gallagher-admits-hes-losing-5258494

Noel has amazing hair for his age, it would be surprising if he went bald now. You are correct about Liam, but his crown looks good now so he's either a good responder to finasteride or got a transplant.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
2014-01-30-oasisXFm570.jpg

lol @ baldcel

IggyPop

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 58556

not bad for a 45 year old, not bad at all.

Here he is at 41

article-2621504-1D9D1ED600000578-498_634x788.jpg

What seems strange is that there are hardly any pictures which show early signs of thinning and then you suddenly have some where he looks like he is NW3. That´s why I though he was balding badly even though it started rather late.
What is really strange, in 2017 his hair looked like this again:
41B6D1F500000578-0-image-m-17_1498377347262.jpg

I guess Propecia + hair transplant?

But I am sure Noel is also gonna start balding sooner or later if he isn´t on Propecia yet. I have seen this quite a few times, that the younger brother went bald first and the older one followed a little bit later. I doubt he is gonna be on that endless list of never balding rockers like Ozzy Osboure, Iggy Pop, Steven Tyler, Mick Jagger etc.

Last edited:

biddybomb

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I am not really an Oasis fan like you, but

Here he is at 41

View attachment 58595
What seems strange is that there are hardly any pictures which show early signs of thinning and then you suddenly have some where he looks like he is NW3. That´s why I though he was balding badly even though it started rather late.
View attachment 58596

But I am sure Noel is also gonna start balding sooner or later if he isn´t on Propecia yet. I have seen this quite a few times, that the younger brother went bald first and the older one followed a little bit later. I doubt he is gonna be on that endless list of never balding rockers like Ozzy Osboure, Iggy Pop, Steven Tyler, Mick Jagger etc.

yeah its interesting. He is balding in the NW3 pattern but he still has quite a lot of active and decent hairs in the NW2 area which you can see in that pic i posted which could explain why he can still pull of hairstyles like that. Then again it could easily be treatments and a hair transplant too. And yeah my older brother is a perfect NW1 at age 31 lmao, genetix are a b**ch.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
I always assumed that there hairstyles with bangs were to cover recession. I know Ben Gibbard of Death Cab for Cutie has always been rocking a bowl cut to hide recession.

Rare chance you see his temples: He looks like a solid Norwood 2 or so.

MorningGlory

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This was from November 2013 - severely thinned crown. He must have had a transplant or responded really well to finasteride. Looks to have a lot of good donor hair, so could well have been the former.
IMG_1572.JPG

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here he is at 41

View attachment 58595
View attachment 58596

he is tremendously handsome (NO HOMO)

MorningGlory

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
From 5:29:

“I mean I was never, I was never like comfortable with playing the lead guitarist role anyway. I’m more of a rhythm guitarist man myself. But because Bonehead was bald, you know, and I sort of had a semi-decent haircut, it was down to me to be the Jimmy Page of the group.”

Partly tongue in cheek I’m sure. But many a true word spoken in jest.

ZZmop

Established Member
Reaction score
Loool I’ve been meaning to make this thread the last week or so and lo and behold it’s already been made.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
I always assumed that there hairstyles with bangs were to cover recession. I know Ben Gibbard of Death Cab for Cutie has always been rocking a bowl cut to hide recession.

Rare chance you see his temples: He looks like a solid Norwood 2 or so.

Good song and band

N003

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Noel is an ugly/obnoxious prick but he truly has the hair of the gods.

View attachment 80420

baldness is sh*t,
but so much hair on your head looks just as fucked up.
Especially when you're older.

This guy just looks stupid.

Now the best:

This is the father of him and his brother :

SP-ONLY-Tommy-Gallagher.jpg