Pauljamesgallagher's Story

pauljamesgallagher

Reaction score
Hey, my fellow brothers!

Just joined up. Below is the junk from my profile - just sums up where I'm at.

Yet to receive my topical spironolactone, but will update at every three months.

People are free to ask any questions they want. Pics of my current hair are in my profile.

Hey, hey, hey!

I'm 32 years old and I've had thinning hair since I was 18. It's been veeeeeery slow to progress over the years, but now it's at a point that I'm not too happy about.

Interestingly my brother went totally bald (horseshoe look) by 23, so naturally at 18 when I started to notice my hairline going back feared the worst. I had really, really long hair at this point; the additional thinning was really noticeable. So, by 22 I had the shaved look, right down to the bone, using the clippers without a guard. This is the look I maintained for the best part of six years.

Aged 28 until now I've periodically grown it out, then shaved it again, grown it, shaved it, grown it, shaved it, etc. Now rocking the shaved look. Been told I've got one of those 'great shaped heads', so it's something I can pull off. Mind you, I'm not well built and still don't look like the ideal candidate for the style!

As far as treatments go I tried Propecia in my 20's for about nine months but didn't notice anything so stopped. Tried dutasteride, but that made my chest hurt. Recently went back on Propecia for five months and, not wishing to be dramatic, had to stop because of the side effects. The fellow downstairs just wouldn't work! I even loaded for five days on dutasteride, which I think may have made it worse, but right now, three weeks off Propecia things still aren't right. He's playing ball a little bit, but by god something is wrong. Time will tell.

So I've made the decision not to do anything internally. Can't use Minoxidil as it's fatal to cats and I have a cat that likes to lick my hair! So, those big two players are out, which feels a little unfair to be honest, but baldness is never going to be fair.

My last ditch attempt is to try topical spironolactone, with Nizoral twice a week, a balanced diet, vitamins supplements (lots of B vitamin!), no smoking, positive frame of mind and keeping fit. My hair loss has been slow, plus I have full coverage, so all I really want to do is keep what I've got, thicken up some of those hairs that can be seen as thinning and wait until something better, with no side effects, comes out.

I've the love of my girlfriend, too, which helps a great deal, I can tell you.

That's it really!

Keep fighting the fight, guys

pauljamesgallagher

Reaction score
You better believe it! The little bugger sheds hundreds of hairs, all day long, and has no signs of thinning! Damn him and his NW0.