People Who Have Used Saw Palmetto - How Long Did You Give It?

checkers2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

So i am trying Saw Palmetto for about a month before possibly moving to finasteride. I have noticed some further thinning in my frontal area... trying not to get too obsessed over that. I've also muddied the waters a bit by using minoxidil as well.

Anyways i hear a lot of people saying dont even bother using SP, to the people who have used it how long did you give it before stopping? And if anyone has any success stories on it i'd love to hear it.

checkers2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I tried if for six months before switching to finasteride. It was completely useless, a complete waste of time.

Hi Dante, thanks a lot for responding. What kinda dosage did you use? Did you notice anything while taking it?

For instance (and this might be TMI) after doubling my dose to 320mg a day of SP i did get a weeks worth of morning erections which i havnt gotten in a long time. Seems to at least be playing with hormones a bit... whether thats a good sign or not is impossible to say

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
There's a good thread somewhere showing that SP is likely just a weaker finasteride, maybe half as strong.

sunchyme1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I tried if for six months before switching to finasteride. It was completely useless, a complete waste of time. Besides.my hair loss is too aggressive, even for finasteride, so I wasted precious time. Don't make the same mistake.
nj.jpg