Peppermint Oil In Shampoo And Losing Hair

BelfastBilly

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,

Looking for some advice, I usually wash my hair daily with a gentle shampoo every other day (ginger shampoo from body shop) and DS Revita on the alternate day. About a 2 months ago I bought some peppermint oil (100% pure from registered source) and added 10 drops to about 150ml of the ginger shampoo. I didn't see any positive benefits, but in the last few days I have noticed my crown is thinner and my hairline at the temples has thinned.

I know this could be for many reasons totally unrelated to peppermint but can anyone share their experience of adding peppermint oil to shampoo and suggest if I am adding too much (for the amount of shampoo) or maybe too little? Is it maybe one of those good pre-sheds before some new growth starts? Any thoughts welcome.

Many thanks,

Billy

warner8

Established Member
Reaction score
i doubt thats a good shed; your product simply isn't working
shampoo is on the scalp too little of a time to cause any effect really apart from cleaning sebum n oils out ur scalp, you need to leave it on 15 min to have an effect. and hairloss products like minoxidil u need at least 4 hrs on the scalp

lastly, peppermint despite the studies does jack sh*t for hairloss on humans in the real world. i tried it n saw nothing. a lot of these pub med studies r worthless. they claim that x and y can stimulate or regrow hair, which might be true, but the difference is so small you will not see it, and as one forum user said a long time ago

"anything willl grow hair on f*****g mice"