Pfatehi's Story - (27/ What Norwood? see PIC)

pfatehi

Reaction score
Hi, I am 27 years old and have just started the combo regimen of rogaine + propecia. This is the first week. I took alot of pictures and plan to keep this forum updated on my progress. I will take pictures in the same environment where the originals were taken and with the same length of hair.

At week1 : [attachment=0:3gpq5qpk]photo.jpg[/attachment:3gpq5qpk]

What would you say I am on the Norwood scale?

Thanks,
PFATEHI :innocent:

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 359

Flavio

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: New here.. Where am I on the Norwood scale? see pic

I'm not an expert but probably a NW3. Anyway, the important thing is that you've started the right treatment at the right time, so I'm sure things will turn out great for you. Good luck and keep us posted!

dman23

Reaction score
Re: pfatehi's story - (Where am I on the Norwood scale? see pic)

good luck bro on your treat... you might consider to add nizorel shampo to your regm its not expensive and surly can give you good effect.

Nuli

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: pfatehi's story - (Where am I on the Norwood scale? see pic)

Diffuse nw2, defiantly not a nw3 hairline.

pfatehi

Reaction score
thanks all. the pics i took (one of which is above) were at a level 3 on the my shaver, so i'll have to remember that for my next set of pictures.

i just totally shaved it today because it looked kinda wierd how my sides were really black (good hair) and the top part was thin/non-existant.. it shows obvious balding.. well at least it looks more bold completely shaved off. its kinda "in" these days. in fact, im surprisingly content with the way it looks. although i was devastated when i realized i was gonna go bald (i was about 21 years old at that time).

not sure if you guys ever read The Game by Neil Strauss but honestly, anyone can look attractive if they take the right steps to work on themselves. In his case, he was a monkey-looking pale dude, nerdy with thin hair, glasses... his physical transformation when getting into the seduction community was impressive. he got a tan, shaved his head entirely, improved his style of dress, started wearing contacts, got a tan. he was effectively charismatic and attracted loads of women.

also, there's alot more to being attractive than purely the physical component. the mind is a powerful thing. your psychology and behavior traits, how you treat people and how you respect yourself are deeply ingrained forces of attraction. most of all, confidence, assertivess and being a man are key.

"a gentleman is comfortable with conflict, battle and war." - Dr. Paul

i realize some of you aren't concerned about losing your hair because of a fear of becoming less attractive, but rather you may feel like you're losing a part of yourself (as said by Spencer Kobren), like a limb. i can empathize with you.

"attachment causes suffering" - Buddha

pfatehi

Reaction score
btw, im definitely picking up nizoral tomorrow.. i have been using nioxin..

but what's the difference between nizoral and nioxin? hair stylists always tell me to use nioxin because of my thinning hair.

Nuli

Established Member
Reaction score
Ditch the nioxin. it won't help anything but maybe a cosmetic thickness, use the nizoral though.

pfatehi

Reaction score
PIC **3 month update**

Hi All,

So I just took a pic at almost the 3 month mark.

I've been on Propecia from Mar 27- Jun 17 (today).
I've been on Rogaine from Mar 19 - Jun 17 (today).
I've been on Nizoral since April.

The hair length is the same but for some reason the lighting looks a bit brighter on today's pic.

Please give any feedback.

Attachments

• bald.jpg
    bald.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 265
  • 3 month.jpg
    3 month.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 295

LosingTouch

Reaction score
Hey mate, congrats, you've definitely made some impressive progress for 3 months. Thanks for your wise words in the other post and good luck with your treatment, I look forward to hearing of your success in the future.

pfatehi

Reaction score
my pics

Thanks for letting me know.. well, since you can't see the whole blog I will put up a few pics here.. for my hair transplant my first set of pics was right before procedure on 10/2012, second set of pics was 12 month follow up on 10/2013

Attachments

• surgery day 2.jpg
    surgery day 2.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 222
  • surgery day forward.jpg
    surgery day forward.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_1955.jpg
    IMG_1955.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_1956.jpg
    IMG_1956.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 272

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's a fantastic transplant, you look great, and much younger too! I have to wonder though, if you didn't respond to finasteride and minoxidil, then what the long term implications are, the non transplanted hair may still fall out. What did your doctor tell you?

pfatehi

Reaction score
Hey Goldenmane, I'd been on and off Finasteride and minoxidil since 21 now (31). About 6 months before Hair Transplant I had stopped both my meds. Hair kept falling out like crazy, it was depressing.
I just felt like even with the meds, I had sh i t ty hair.. I couldn't style the front because the front had sparse bad quality hairs... The hairs from the middle would comb over to my front... After about 6 months of not taking meds, I just buzzed my head to see what authentic me looks like... It was not pretty.

Well, when I got to do the hair transplant I started the minoxidil + Finasteride the same week as my procedure. This is important to know-- it was the trifecta approach that caused the crown to thicken (and maybe since I had recently been on meds earlier in the year, I kept the follicles alive that would be thickening up in the future?); anyways, my doctor (Dr Parsa Mohebi) did not put any grafts in my crown. Reason was he wanted to see how much the meds would fill up the crown (as someone mentioned, the meds do a good job of that). This was good because Doctor could use the hair transplant session to build me a new hairline which I badly needed.

Anyway, my story with hair loss goes back to when I was 21. I tried everything (including getting on and off the finasteride and minoxidil for various reasons... and I was against transplants for the longest time, but now that I know a little more about the way hair loss works, and the know treatments we have, I embrace hair transplant technology and concede that I will probably require a few strips and maybe 1-2 FUE sessions in my life. Now, just to make the money to allow that to happen.

To the people who complimented me, thank you so much.. it means alot. I get complemented about looking so young.. It's kind of great hearing that alot... I don't tell people my secret usually. If it's a fellow hairloss sufferer, I wonder if it would be impolite to tell him that he should consider getting a transplant? I just don't know if that would come off as rude.. it's hard to tell whether people are sensitive to that, even if it is coming from someone who has been in the same position...

One last thing... I used to stigmatize hair transplants until one day it clicked to me that a hair transplant is about as cool as getting a tattoo. I personally don't care for a tattoo but to be able to design your own body ascetics.... That is cool... To put hair where you want it to be instead of the sides of your head.... You r in control... And that is cool. hair transplant is the new tattoo. ( and SMP actually is a tattoo lol )

by the way, if you go to hair r e s t o r a t i on network, the mods have selected me as Patient of the Week.

http://www. h a i r r e s t o r a t i o n n e t w o r k .com/eve/173007-hair-transplant-patient-week-paulygons-2-710-graft-fuss-dr-mohebi.html

Last edited: