Phyto's Phytoaxil w/ Serenoa oil

TA45

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Recently I was browsing my Mens health magazine and noticed a page titled "Maintain your Main". Two products caught my attention: Phyto's Phytoaxil" and "Shiseido Adenogen Hair energizing formula". Through internet research last night I learned that the Phytoaxil product comes from France and has been around for a while. I spent a few hours seeking reviews for the Phyto product and really there is very little out there both good and bad. Does anyone have first hand experience with either???

I am desperately seeking an effective alternate to Finasteride and Minoxidil. Yea, I know "Good Luck". Both give me undesirable, intolerable sides. Not here to bash cause they definitely help many!!:) Can anyone give me advice from their experience? Finas and minoxidil even at reduced dosages are a no for me, seriously I can't. Common sense tells me "go for topical spironolactone" but have yet to hear from anyone first hand that it worked for them. By the way, I have diffuse thinning throughout top, sides are thick. It started right behind the hairline and spread. Anyone have input on these products or advice? Thanks bro's!
Tim

kamisama

Reaction score
The phyto brand is pretty popular in my country, based in asia. However, ive only heard raves on its product by females. Ive not tried any of their product.

toivonen

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi..i used it for about 2 or 3 years, at a time where altough having hair loss, it was not as serious as now that i have 37..i'll say it mantain my capital, and gave me a very healthy hair/scalp..so i'll say that as this is the best scenario (in 99% of the cases) that whom who suffers from Hair loss has, from my personal experience, yes it had efficacy...for me it was no more or less eficacy than fina or minoxidil...at best they also "only" mantained me, so...that had the plus of not giving me sides...that was my experience.

Oh, i just went now to the phyto site, and it seems that they have a new product Phytolium 4, not a miracle one (there's no such thing) but it seems to be at least a more updated (with staminal apple cells, etc...) version of Phytoaxil and Tricovital, so there's no harm in experimenting..as a solo or and add-on...IMHO.

Todd

Established Member
Reaction score
People usually snap at me for bringing up this, but a study by S. Inui et al. showed reversal of androgenic alopecia by topical ketoconazole. Now, Keto is the same stuff you get in nizoral (you all probably know this), but this study, and several others, seem to indicate that ketoconazole could be an alternative to minoxidil, and that it works just as well, if not even better (for some people).

A couple of things is worth noticing, though:
-In the study, a gel or a cream was used, not a shampoo.
-In the study, the gel was applied every morning, not 2-3 times a week as is common with nizoral.
-The study group was not that big, and the participants were all of japanese origin, which limits the significance of the study.
-Results were significantly better for the younger participants.
-Results took as long as 10 months to show.

***EDIT*** Wow, sorry guys, wrong thread! Had too many windows up, and replied to the wrong one! Not related to pytho at all :p